• 99(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Ugh. Well, turning the output off/on works... as does setting a default refresh rate other than the system default.

And any clue on the black background thing? I was thinking at first that was a skin function, but the rest of the skin is adjusted correctly, so now I'm thinking not...
yeah - zero is fine ... your TV should stop caring :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I really wish it would. The lines are quite distracting. Dumb Pioneer! Looks like they process the picture before adjusting it to output. I mean the greyshades are great, but the two horizontal lines are enough to drive me nuts. Where is the black set? Is this something I can fix/change?
Okay, never mind, this one's dirt simple!

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <blackbarcolour>16</blackbarcolour>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

And now my TV's happy and no more annoying horizontal lines
:-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Nice, another advanced setting I can eliminate. This one can really be set automatically
Should this be set automatically in this new passthrough mode - definitely, yes. Previously, the video driver would do it as a function of compressing the range. But now, you guys have to (or at least, probably should to be neat).

However, the setting exists in the first place for those users who prefer their black bars to be a dark grey, or a mid grey, instead of black. Although I would personally never want to do that, many televisions and set top boxes have such an option, so there must be a call for it.
Yeah, we cannot remove it - for Windows and Linux it's easy but android GLES has no kodi setting for limited / full range.
I did some further testing.

When switching between FULL and LIMITED modes, the screen goes black for several seconds as the signal re-syncs. However, switching to PASSTHROUGH mode - whether starting from FULL or LIMITED mode - causes only a brief flicker in the picture. The signal does not re-sync. If I was in FULL mode and the GUI is washed out, after swithing to PASSTHROUGH, even if I switch the TV to another input and go back, it does not change color spaces after re-syncing with the PC, indicating that the PC is still outputting the FULL flag.

This is telling me that FULL and LIMITED modes are triggering something that's causing the driver to re-sync, however your new mode is not doing the same thing. And, until some other change triggers this to happen, the mode has not yet taken effect.
(2015-10-01, 15:02)Sunflux Wrote: I did some further testing.

When switching between FULL and LIMITED modes, the screen goes black for several seconds as the signal re-syncs. However, switching to PASSTHROUGH mode - whether starting from FULL or LIMITED mode - causes only a brief flicker in the picture. The signal does not re-sync. If I was in FULL mode and the GUI is washed out, after swithing to PASSTHROUGH, even if I switch the TV to another input and go back, it does not change color spaces after re-syncing with the PC, indicating that the PC is still outputting the FULL flag.

This is telling me that FULL and LIMITED modes are triggering something that's causing the driver to re-sync, however your new mode is not doing the same thing. And, until some other change triggers this to happen, the mode has not yet taken effect.

Yes - that's what the code does ... I tried to hack around this ... but not enough time currently. Check the Kernel patch I did, it's on my github.
Hi guys, I'm finally ready for some EGL action this afternoon. Just to be 100% sure:I have a free Chromebox with Stable OE 5.0.8 already installed and setup, it's still a matter of copying over the tar file to update to the latest EGL build right?
I have an ISF calibrated Pioneer KRP plasma as a primary display, the last of the great plasmas! IMHO the Panny plasmas can't compare because of their mediocre dithering (Color/greyscale dithering, not necessarily color range scaling dithering, that I do not have an opinion of), and don't have the "artistic film look" that only the Kuro can provide. Aaaaaanyways...

I generally know my shit inside and out, so I hope I can chime in with some useful experiencesSmile
Yes pop the .tar in the update folder and reboot and check the first page for proper settings etc
(2015-10-01, 15:13)Soli Wrote: Hi guys, I'm finally ready for some EGL action this afternoon. Just to be 100% sure:I have a free Chromebox with Stable OE 5.0.8 already installed and setup, it's still a matter of copying over the tar file to update to the latest EGL build right?
I have an ISF calibrated Pioneer KRP plasma as a primary display, the last of the great plasmas! IMHO the Panny plasmas can't compare because of their mediocre dithering (Color/greyscale dithering, not necessarily color range scaling dithering, that I do not have an opinion of), and don't have the "artistic film look" that only the Kuro can provide. Aaaaaanyways...

I generally know my shit inside and out, so I hope I can chime in with some useful experiencesSmile

Goodie, just be sure to read back a couple av pages since things are changing day by day right now concerning recommended settings. Post 1 doesn't apply to all builds.
(2015-10-01, 12:52)Sunflux Wrote: Ugh. Well, turning the output off/on works... as does setting a default refresh rate other than the system default.
For me they work and also changing refresh rate works. But only when they are tun on terminal after loading Kodi. If i put these commands into autostart file for unknown reason Kodi starts but screen is 100% black until i run on terminal some of these commands (off/auto). Strange since without these commands (autostart only with xrandr switching to Full and to passtrough) Kodi starts normally.

Anyway with this mode colors and all test patterns are really AMAZING :-)

BTW you wrote that files without sound doesn't work right now, It's partially true - they stop after buffering 100% but if you press "play" they work normally.
If your autostart script does not start up - you did something wrong in it.

Please post the complete file - that does not work.
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18