• 100(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Just wanted to report that I'm not having any brightness-on-start-up-problems with the latest Isengard from here:

http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/isengard/

And this is in 60 hz + tested both with auto rgb range and forced limited on my TV. 16-235 passthrough verified via terminal.

Got me thinking, AVR? I don't have one? Could that be the difference between yours and my setup?

This is just running the clean build, no autostart.sh tweaks, no nothing.
File which works:

DISPLAY=:0
OUTPUT=`xrandr -q | sed '/ connected/!d;s/ .*//;q'`
xrandr --output $OUTPUT --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"
xrandr --output $OUTPUT --set "Broadcast RGB" "Video 16:235 pass-through"
/usr/bin/kodi --standalone

File with problems:

DISPLAY=:0
OUTPUT=`xrandr -q | sed '/ connected/!d;s/ .*//;q'`
xrandr --output $OUTPUT --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"
xrandr --output $OUTPUT --set "Broadcast RGB" "Video 16:235 pass-through"
xrandr --output $OUTPUT --off
sleep 1
xrandr --output $OUTPUT --auto
/usr/bin/kodi --standalone

But please remember:

1. Problematic file works - Kodi runs. Only display is black. And after running "xrandr --output $OUTPUT --auto" on terminal Kodi shows.
2. For some reason it doesn't work even if i run Kodi in the background ("/usr/bin/kodi --standalone &") and add "xrandr --output $OUTPUT --auto" as next line. Screen is still black. To show Kodi i need to run it from terminal (through ssh).
1.oct build. HP Chromebox HSW Celeron. Pioneer KRP Plasma @ RGB Limited. Kodi Limited w/o dither. Everything worked fine OOTB. Smooth grayscale ramp. Seems to pass BTB and WTW too.

I'm a little dissapointed Tongue But I will put on my nerdy glasses and compare various settings with the greyscale ramp and compare them to Sunflux who has a similar display.
Just wanted to report that the EGL/Passthrough test version I installed yesterday worked flawlessly for a movie... and the picture looked fantastic and smooth with great shadow detail!

No lipsync issues bitstreaming TrueHD with a manual -175ms delay (no idea what the default is right now), and no skipped frames like I used to get on my original NUC (which couldn't hold 23.976 correctly).

However, I do have VAAPI currently disabled due to the skip bug - because on bigger files that have been playing a while, simply hitting the 7 second back button to watch some detail again was enough to lock the system up. Note that I have not tried it on the current build, but I haven't heard that anything was worked on in that regard.
Quote:However, I do have VAAPI currently disabled due to the skip bug - because on bigger files that have been playing a while, simply hitting the 7 second back button to watch some detail again was enough to lock the system up. Note that I have not tried it on the current build, but I haven't heard that anything was worked on in that regard.

Sorry - this I cannot reproduce at all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Did the logfile not help at all? Pretty sure it showed that SOMETHING bad was happening.
No but also as said: Isengard is provided as is - and only used as tech demo. This code present in those builds is heavily rewritten in master builds, including with drop of dvdplayer.

So in short: Bugfixes for master builds only .... the others were provided by me, cause I could not say No.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Okay. Just wasn't sure if anyone running Jarvis had experienced the same thing, or if it was an Isengard thing only. If the latter, I'm fine leaving VAAPI off for now. 5% to 10% CPU usage isn't exactly a deal breaker. :-)
Alternative: Backup your .kodi directory, make the Jarvis tests and provide us with your logfiles. That would be really helpful.

Or just run Jarvis from an USB stick "live" and provide us the logfiles.

Edit: Cause it would really, really suck a lot if this issue is not ironed out right now.
Is testing the OE version okay, ie. OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20151001075917-r21379-PASSTHROUGH-g92b2bf6.img.gz ?
Always latest and greatest yes, please.
I'm going to try it via USB... feels safer than messing about with a very-well-working system! :-)
(2015-10-02, 08:38)Sunflux Wrote: I'm going to try it via USB... feels safer than messing about with a very-well-working system! :-)

Wait 10 minutes please. Just uploading latest version.
Use the image from yesterday for testing. Fernet just force pushed a minute ago ... so most likely the version I am just uploading (from 10 minutes before that) will have a back ...
Have it installed, just setting up and will do some testing.

EDIT: keep forgetting about having to sett the menus to Expert... couldn't find anything I was looking for!
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18