Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-10-02, 11:06)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-10-02, 10:04)Sunflux Wrote: * videos all start 4-5 seconds into the video, instead of at 0
Thanks for this report.

also noticed something similar to this the other day but hadn't had time to come report it. i believe it is related to the change introduce a week or two ago where playback doesn't start until the refresh rate has changed. it noticed when going back through the settings the pause for X seconds (which i believe was renamed) had been reverted to off. previously on my system i had a 5 second delay. i put a 5 second delay back in and when playing a file the refresh rate switch occurred and the ui stayed displayed for a few seconds. after several adjustment i was not able to get perfect playback. either i will miss a couple seconds of video and have to back up or i will see the ui before play back start. i believe i settled on switching it back to off for the time being. i can update to the latest (i think i'm on the 9/26 build) and do some more testing and provide logs later if it will help.

edit: updated to the 10/2 passthrough build and this is working correctly for me. i also didn't have the colorspace issue others have reported.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - by furii - 2015-10-02, 21:34
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03