• 116(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
I used the 10/24 experimental build (Isengard) last night and everything worked great. I was even able to install the add-on I use and have it work, something I wasn't able to do on the last experimental build.
So, does anyone know if the 15.10 launch changes anything?
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
It still needs:
- 4.3 kernel for BSW
- libva-driver-intel 1.6.1 by wsnipex

So - no need to upgrade at all ... and especially not suggested at all until wsnipex finds time to care for the build-dependencies ppa and the fernetmenta master ppa

Edit: Asked differently: What do you miss with 15.04?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-10-24, 11:41)fritsch Wrote: New Image uploaded.
Experimental:
- Kodi 15.2 with the backports. SKL firmware added
- SKL firmware

and for the testing builds:
- Fernet's latest master
- SKL firmware

I'm on your OE build from about 15 days ago and everything seems to be working okay. Should I bother upgrading periodically to these new test builds, or just stick with what I've got? Is there a good place to easily understand the updates going into Fernet's latest master?
(2015-10-25, 21:22)briancl Wrote:
(2015-10-24, 11:41)fritsch Wrote: New Image uploaded.
Experimental:
- Kodi 15.2 with the backports. SKL firmware added
- SKL firmware

and for the testing builds:
- Fernet's latest master
- SKL firmware

I'm on your OE build from about 15 days ago and everything seems to be working okay. Should I bother upgrading periodically to these new test builds, or just stick with what I've got? Is there a good place to easily understand the updates going into Fernet's latest master?

Depends which build you use. If you test "Jarvis alpha" builds - you can only continue testing by upgrading. If you run the Isengard builds - it does not matter - as the kodi code in there is the same since long time, only kernel / mesa changes.

To easy understand fernet's master changes: Get an easy book about C++, read the commit messages and think about them. Nope - that's for sure not easy. But every commit should have a sane commit message -> therefore just read :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch: where can i see the intel driver version of your oe builds ?

I am a bit lost ... i found a lot of numbers but none seem to fit the latest intel drivers.
Just received ASRock Beebox N3150 today and installed latest Jarvis build: OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20151025200601-r21490-g7f8f12f.img.gz

Anyone with experience with this box? My wifi connects to the router but it doesn't appear to have any network access (LAN or WAN). Can I access the console without SSH to capture the debug log?

Thanks in advance for the support.

~mor
(2015-10-26, 03:07)mbosner Wrote: @fritsch: where can i see the intel driver version of your oe builds ?

I am a bit lost ... i found a lot of numbers but none seem to fit the latest intel drivers.

Here: https://github.com/fritsch/OpenELEC.tv/b...age.mk#L20
Quote:commit 300319e2044cb1050e9cbc49c9985b995eaca5fe
Author: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Tue Aug 25 13:47:24 2015 +0100

intel: Add an Option for disabling native rotation

Just in case we want to debug the native vs software paths and allow
switching without recompiling. For the unfortunate

Section "Device"
Identifier "igfx"
Driver "intel"
Option "HWRotation" "off"
EndSection

default is for us to use HW rotation where available (for speed, reduced
resource usage and reduce power usage).

Signed-off-by: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>

Edit: Here, just for you, with latest commit of intel xorg drivers: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/intelbump/ (wait until fully uploaded). Btw. Chris did not release _any_ stable xf86-video-intel driver since more than a year ... we normally don't pick any bleeding edge git refs, as that broke heavily in the past.
Is that a jarvis build with the latest intel driver? I would be curious to try that and see if my magical screen scrambling has any changes. Just wasn't sure exactly what's in that image.

Thanks!
If you only want to test your screen - use it from usb stick. The linked one is Jarvis, yes ... another one in the isengard folder is isengard http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...intelbump/

but it really does not matter for your testing ... as it's not a kodi bug at all.
makes sense - I am running all jarvis so I figured I would stick with it. Thanks - I will test but won't expect anything different i am guessing.
Followed the instructions on the first post and it works great. I get buffering/hiccuping every 15 seconds during the first couple minutes of a movie but I think its because it's reading from an external USB 3.0 drive. It clears up and the movie then plays flawlessly

Also, from time to time, I get this error msg on the screen which necessitates having to restart the intel NUC. I googled the error and found this url that discusses the error or a similar error. I admit, I'm a linux newbie and have only used kodi/xbmc on windows for the past couple years.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2...00153.html

My setup consists of an Intel NUC NUC5CPYH with 4GB of memory, external hdd, and the install and configuration info on the first post. I pipe it through a denon receiver and into a projector. I never have the error pop up while watching a movie, its only after I shut down the receiver and projector and then come back later and start the two devices up the error is there. I never power down the NUC. I'm not sure where the issue lies or what logs to look at to help identify where the problem exists.
Start with the logfiles thread 1 wants to have ...
(2015-10-25, 20:41)fritsch Wrote: It still needs:
- 4.3 kernel for BSW
- libva-driver-intel 1.6.1 by wsnipex

So - no need to upgrade at all ... and especially not suggested at all until wsnipex finds time to care for the build-dependencies ppa and the fernetmenta master ppa

Edit: Asked differently: What do you miss with 15.04?

Not missing anything, just trying to figure out if it would be helpful.
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
(2015-10-26, 15:18)fritsch Wrote: If you only want to test your screen - use it from usb stick. The linked one is Jarvis, yes ... another one in the isengard folder is isengard http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...intelbump/

but it really does not matter for your testing ... as it's not a kodi bug at all.

I am using this Isengrad Build on my new AsRock Beebox 3150.
I just tested it quickly yesterday and was very happy to see that HEVC and 4K content is playing very smooth with low CPU usage.
The only thing I noticed is that it did not switch framerate even though I entered the setting to change framerate according to video.

Once I am home I will do some further testing and post a log.

Update: After rebooting the Beebox frame rate switching is working correctly.
It is amazing to see 4k videos and Hevc videos play so smooth.
When I try the same on my old Zotac HD41 the video is just stuttering :-)
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18