Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-11-01, 18:35)fritsch Wrote: As I needed edid overwriting myself today here is a short howto on how to boot completely without TV / AVR but having correct EDID information. This will work for intel and radeon:

Hello fritsch,

when you boot your system with overriden edid have you also discovered that the /proc/asound/card0/eld* is not setted. Monitor and eld valid is zero. Therefore no functional sound in kodi.

the last days i tried to get this work. i have many debug logs viewed and came to the conclusion that the intel/drm driver seems to try to get the edid from the monitor for sound even if a valid edid file is given. the eld and SAD is always correct. but the message "monitor has basic sound support" is not displayed.

My root problem is, that the intel driver/chipset has a problem with my Pioneer pdp 434. it is not detected at all. neither on the n3150 asrock board nor on my intel notebook. The Amd (replaced a4-5000 board) and nvidia driver is working.

with some hacks i got audio working when monitor is off and avr on during boot. Also when monitor is off / avr on and "xrand -- set audio off; xrand --set audio on" will get sound working.

last weekend i tried the OE6 build with isengard from page #1 to get rid of some ugly kernel crashes and try the EGL/videoplayer work. One crash is still happen when system will power off.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - by the-dreamer - 2015-11-02, 10:53
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18