• 128(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-11-05, 05:38)schmoko Wrote: I'm seeing sporadic flickering display at all times using OpenElec builds, both Isengard and Jarvis. It seems like a driver issue, the flicker starts with the openelec logo, before X has even loaded. It almost looks like the GPU is overheating. Is this a known issue?

I was using a build from 10/04 [1] before I saw the issue, but didn't upgrade until 10/26 [2], so the regression could be anywhere in that (very large) window. I'd be happy to try to bisect if archived builds are available. Reverting to the 10-04 build or the official OpenElec fixes the issue.

Hardware is an ASUS Celeron chromebox 2955U, connected via HDMI to a Denon AVR.

[1: OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20151004165234-r21363-gd89c515]
[2: OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20151025194904-r21541-gda1b74a]
Is it the occasional horizontal line flashing across the screen? Because I am having that since updating to the custom EGL build of Open ELEC. I have the same Chromebox as you and a Denon 3311CI AVR connected via HDMI.
For now there is no "the" horizontal line flashing. Provide relevant logfiles or I will ignore such posts.

For OpenELEC:

Code:
journalctl -a | pastebinit
dmesg | pastebinit
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit

is required.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
^^^
Understood. In case you misunderstood, "the occasional" means "once in a while", and I was just asking schmoko if that's what he is seeing.
@BigL-New
Do you mind to share your kernel for other beebox-users ? (As beebox-user, I would be interested in further discussion Smile)
Maybe you want to start a seperate thread for this...

Cheers
(2015-11-04, 15:03)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - you can just visit me in #xbmc-xvba on freenode after 8 pm UTC and I can help you.

Hi fritsch, thnx for the help yesterday.
Kodi works now perfectly with the properly build kernel. Colors are great and all runs smooth.
Yeah np. Greetings to the baby :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-11-05, 12:46)d0dger Wrote: Do you mind to share your kernel for other beebox-users ? (As beebox-user, I would be interested in further discussion Smile)
No problem at all. I just don't have website to put it in place available for others. That's why i've proposed to put it on fritsch website. If you can arrange place to put files i'm open to cooperation :-)
(2015-11-01, 23:13)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-11-01, 22:11)-zero- Wrote: I had problems with ubuntu 15.10 and kodi.
I had to create a symlink for libcurl.so.4 otherwise kodi was not aware of it.

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl-gnutls.so.4 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4

This was not necessary with ubuntu 15.04.

Mmmh: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4 is provided by libcurl3

@wsnipex: anything we need to change?
You should add dependency for libcurl3 (to kodi or kodi-bin). Without it Kodi crashes every time you go into Settings-->About. Here is log:

http://xbmclogs.com/pzlrr6pdf

Dmesg shows:

JobWorker[1498]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp 00007fb2d67fb2c8 error 14 in kodi.bin[400000+1fab000]
(2015-11-05, 19:19)BigL-New Wrote:
(2015-11-05, 12:46)d0dger Wrote: Do you mind to share your kernel for other beebox-users ? (As beebox-user, I would be interested in further discussion Smile)
No problem at all. I just don't have website to put it in place available for others. That's why i've proposed to put it on fritsch website. If you can arrange place to put files i'm open to cooperation :-)

In fact, yes, I have webspace available and could put up something nice. Unfortunately, I don´t have enough posts in this forum to send you a PM for further planning Sad Maybe you could send a PM to me ??
I´m not keen to post my mail public...

Cheers
Hi guys

I upgraded the lastest isengard final but am experiencing the colours washed out on first booting up. I am running limited RGB. When I play a movie it goes back to normal and sticks. Would it be a case of me having to make a startup script again?

Cheers
Nobody knows ... see the 2nd post. Nobody can help you without providing the proper logs.
(2015-10-04, 18:20)Sunflux Wrote: Is it fixed? No, not yet. Issue seems to be that calling the new Passthrough mode does not trigger a reinitialization like it should.

At any rate, there are 2 workarounds that work on my system:

1) set Kodi to run at something other than the system default of 60hz (might be 50hz in PAL regions). For example, setting it to 59.94 works.
2) in autostart.sh, turn the display output off and then on again, ie:

Code:
xrandr --output HDMI1 --off; xrandr --output HDMI1 --auto

I do not seem to need the "sleep 1" command as originally indicated.

Thanks Fritsch

It is the same problem we had a while ago and Sunflux came up with this fix and you applied it in to your build. I have just tried it but it doesn't seem to work for me any more. I have set my default refresh rate at 50hz and the problem goes away.
(2015-11-01, 00:38)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:23:17:35 T:140411037267712 DEBUG: CDVDClock:Big Griniscontinuity - CVideoPlayerAudio::OutputPacket - was:350108076.625000, should be:350098075.534467, error:-10001.090533

Yeah - this one. Let's wait for Fernet .. passthrough is always a pain. Does not look that heavy at all :-)

Any news on this? Tested a few more files all with 25hz, problem with passthrough stays :-(
23.976 and 24hz is fine, strange.
(2015-11-06, 00:11)rob77 Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 18:20)Sunflux Wrote: Is it fixed? No, not yet. Issue seems to be that calling the new Passthrough mode does not trigger a reinitialization like it should.

At any rate, there are 2 workarounds that work on my system:

1) set Kodi to run at something other than the system default of 60hz (might be 50hz in PAL regions). For example, setting it to 59.94 works.
2) in autostart.sh, turn the display output off and then on again, ie:

Code:
xrandr --output HDMI1 --off; xrandr --output HDMI1 --auto

I do not seem to need the "sleep 1" command as originally indicated.

Thanks Fritsch

It is the same problem we had a while ago and Sunflux came up with this fix and you applied it in to your build. I have just tried it but it doesn't seem to work for me any more. I have set my default refresh rate at 50hz and the problem goes away.

I am still interested in your xrandr --verbose output. Currently I don't turn off the displays: https://github.com/fritsch/OpenELEC.tv/b...llrange.sh

Anybody else that needs to other hack?
Can you add the following to your autostart.sh and see if it fixes your issue?

Code:
FB_TYPE="$(grep '^0 ' /proc/fb | sed 's/[^[:space:]] //')"
sleep 2
if [ "$FB_TYPE" == "inteldrmfb" ]; then
  OUTPUT=`/usr/bin/xrandr -display :0 -q | sed '/ connected/!d;s/ .*//;q'`
  for out in $OUTPUT ; do
    # Hack - something is not yet fully right
    /usr/bin/xrandr -display :0 --output $out --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"
    /usr/bin/xrandr -display :0 --output $out --set "Broadcast RGB" "Video 16:235 pass-through"
    /usr/bin/xrandr -display :0 --output $out --off ; /usr/bin/xrandr -display :0 --output $out --auto
  done
fi
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18