• 138(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-11-11, 18:01)fritsch Wrote: get_buffer reverted of Isengard. Have fun - this now really is the last thing I will do in that direction. Please help to test the upcoming VideoPlayer betas and don't forget to always provide full debuglogs: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/v15_2_EGL/

You really need to stop saying that Smile You have done much too much with isengard as it is.

Not sure why more people are hung up on using it over Jarvis but I am sure there are good reasons.
Yes - you are right. So - starting from exactly now: No Isengard support anymore in this forum.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-11-11, 16:59)fritsch Wrote: When you next time post it on cnn.com - you also expect me to find it?

oh well i just posted there after your request here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2148018
cause i was using milhouse build but the problem occurs also with yout last build

as already said i will try to cath a new log if you are interested too
(2015-11-11, 19:42)D-an-W Wrote: Evening fritsch, am I right in saying if I want to create a USB installer to do fresh install on my Chromebox I use the file located here?

http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...chromebox/

RTFW:

Quote:If the OpenELEC install media created by the script doesn't work (or you forget to create it before rebooting, or just want to do a fresh install), then you can simply download the disk image version of OpenELEC 6.0 Intel-EGL build here [link]; alternately, you can download the latest stable Generic 64-bit build (or beta/RC if you'd like) from OpenELEC's website here [link]. Download the disk image version (not update file), and create the install media, as per the instructions on the OpenELEC wiki [link].

(2015-11-11, 19:44)fritsch Wrote: MattDevo has updated all his scripts. You can use them. I have no idea on howto create a chromebox installation. But updating by simply putting the .tar into the update share will work most likely, too.

same as any other x86-64 system; Chromebox just needs my script to flash custom firmware first.
Hi Matt, thats what I was doing. I just wasn't sure which of fritsch's files to use as there was a subfolder for Chromebox.
About Dts Hd bug (and maybe also true hd) and black screen bug

I found out that:

If i switch on before chromebox and after my avr dts hs is played only as normal dts orand also in audio settings dts hd and true hd are not displayed as settings

i have also caught black screen bug when after i stopped play (needed to power off avr to see again tv signal)

debut log: http://xbmclogs.com/po5r4lbhu

2)if i switch on avr before chromebox dts hd works and dts hd and true hd settings arr displayed correctly

do you need also this log (getton error if i try to upload new log)
(2015-11-11, 23:35)Roby77 Wrote: About Dts Hd bug (and maybe also true hd) and black screen bug

I found out that:

If i switch on before chromebox and after my avr dts hs is played only as normal hd and also in audio settings dts hd and true hd are not displayed as settings

i have also caught black screen bug when after i stopped play (needed to power off avr to see again tv signal)

debut log: http://xbmclogs.com/po5r4lbhu

2)if i switch on avr before chromebox dts hd works and dts hd and true hd settings arr displayed correctly

do you need also this log (getton error if i try to upload new log)

For 2) that's perfectly clear ... cause of the handshake. For 1) bed time :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
have a good night Wink
@fritsch

Í´m going to recalibrate my TV.

Should i calibrate it to SRGB or REC. 709 now if i use the 0-255 Color mode?
No idea why you would want to scale the "good" original Limited Range to 0..255. Use what you personally find perfect :-)
(2015-11-12, 08:06)fritsch Wrote: No idea why you would want to scale the "good" original Limited Range to 0..255. Use what you personally find perfect :-)

Ok!

maybe i try something new.... we´ll see Wink
Hi.

Does anyone elsehave issues when waking OE from sleep? Quite often when waking up it freezes as soon as I try to go into tv shows or movies or anything else library related. I'm running OE 6.0.95 connected to a mySQL running on a Windows Server 2012. Seems related to this bug..
http://openelec.tv/forum/112-mysql-setup...l?start=75

Can provide logs tonight if needed.

Thanks
Joakim
Some1 know why mele remote is not working anymore with kodi v16? used this file with it 99-mele_F10.hwdb but seems only working with jarvis(15.2) builds.

Only thing that is working are default up/down/ and some other keys rest not working anymore.
Connect 55 UHD SL4xx / Onkyo TX-SR444 / Intel Apollo Lake  / Ziggo Mediabox XL / 2x upc ci+ nagravision module / using dvb-c and dvb-s(19,2/23,5/28.2)
(2015-11-12, 07:49)b0mb Wrote: @fritsch

Í´m going to recalibrate my TV.

Should i calibrate it to SRGB or REC. 709 now if i use the 0-255 Color mode?

Do you have any sRGB sources? Pretty much everything I watch (HDTV, Blu-ray) is ITU.709 based (16-235 4:2:0 YCrCb) with the SD stuff ITU.601 (16-235 4:2:0 YCrCb) based (DVDs, SDTV) with a 601->709 conversion done by whatever is playing/receiving ard/or upscaling. I have a small amount of ITU 709 16-235 YCrCb 4:2:2 content too...

Unless you are shooting your own non-ITU 709 content and watching that - or have a scaler or AVR that is doing a colour space conversion away from ITU. 709 - all of your content is likely to be 601 or 709, and your 601 content is likely to be converted to 709 if you are watching it on a device that upscales.

(601 and 709 have different YCrCb->RGB conversion factors hence the difference and conversion requirement)
No, sorry. Wink

I just wasn´t sure what standard to use.
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18