• 147(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Can I use these builds with a skylake cpu? Like Pentium G4400?
same for me

dolby, dts and dts hd ok

Dolby true hd same problem

I see that if film starts with true hd previously selected true hd works, if you change track from dolby or dts to true hd film stuck in pause

debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/ptwc0lmzl
(2015-11-24, 23:38)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-11-24, 23:36)Tyler Durden Wrote: I have my HTPC running to my HTPC and from there to my TV so I have Passthrough enabled and thought I would try some films with different audio.

I don't understand this first sentence - do you mean: HTPC -> AVR -> TV? Debug Log will tell for TrueHD, thx in advance.

Sorry, yes HTPC > AVR > TV.

Still working on the log file, The Kodi.log from the logfiles folder seems to be full of old stuff that has nothing to do with what is happening today.
@tyler semiot: do you need to switch on avr before kodi start to get dts hd or dolby true hd ?
DTS HD is fine, and the AVR has always been on when starting Kodi.

Here's my log file using Kodi Log Uploader.

http://xbmclogs.com/pi1fkecmk
I couldn't find the video test clips thread so I hope you don't mind if I post this here (and please direct me to the proper thread as well, thanks)....

Here are some 4K torture test clips I found you might find useful for testing, shot with a Samsung NX1:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/201...ble-for-do

I have a Chromebox & can't do HEVC HW decoding, but the Shield played them flawlessly. Much better stress test than the Bunny. Big Grin
(2015-11-24, 23:47)dirtydesaster Wrote: Can I use these builds with a skylake cpu? Like Pentium G4400?

I've got an i3 (6100) Skylake. I asked the same question a few weeks back.

There's improved Skylake support in kernel 4.3 and looks like 4.4 will be better than that. From various links and googling I've seen, it is possible to get up and running but performance and stability may be poor.

I'm currently busy with work but planning to test myself in the next 1-2 weeks. If you attempt it earlier then please let me know how you go.
Skylake works flawlessly. I tested my builds on a friends new core i3 skylake. Everything is working, including 8 bit HEVC decoding.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-11-25, 02:35)Karnis Wrote: I couldn't find the video test clips thread so I hope you don't mind if I post this here (and please direct me to the proper thread as well, thanks)....

Here are some 4K torture test clips I found you might find useful for testing, shot with a Samsung NX1:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/201...ble-for-do

I have a Chromebox & can't do HEVC HW decoding, but the Shield played them flawlessly. Much better stress test than the Bunny. Big Grin

Thanks much for the links I downloaded them. I don't have my Braswell anymore - gave it away after everything we could do was implemented. From the mediainfo output:
Quote:Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 24.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.190
Stream size : 188 MiB (100%)
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2014-11-14 04:55:40
Tagged date : UTC 2014-11-14 04:55:40
Color range : Full
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

You see - they are all 8 bit only - that should not be a problem at all for this hevc 8bit only decoder. Though the real future will be hevc 10 bit ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-11-25, 00:08)Tyler Durden Wrote: DTS HD is fine, and the AVR has always been on when starting Kodi.

Here's my log file using Kodi Log Uploader.

http://xbmclogs.com/pi1fkecmk

Thanks much.
(2015-11-25, 08:56)fritsch Wrote: Skylake works flawlessly. I tested my builds on a friends new core i3 skylake. Everything is working, including 8 bit HEVC decoding.

That's great news! What kernel were you using? 4.3?
if you want i posted mine frome chromebox + denon avr just over
(2015-11-25, 10:08)Roby77 Wrote: if you want i posted mine frome chromebox + denon avr just over

Both logfiles don't really show the issue - but thanks much. We need to find an AVR and test it ourselves -> weekend.
(2015-11-25, 10:07)grantonstar Wrote:
(2015-11-25, 08:56)fritsch Wrote: Skylake works flawlessly. I tested my builds on a friends new core i3 skylake. Everything is working, including 8 bit HEVC decoding.

That's great news! What kernel were you using? 4.3?

He used the 18th November v17 build ... he has the 6100 core i3.
(2015-11-25, 10:11)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-11-25, 10:08)Roby77 Wrote: if you want i posted mine frome chromebox + denon avr just over

Both logfiles don't really show the issue - but thanks much. We need to find an AVR and test it ourselves -> weekend.

Would a fake EDID with TrueHD support work? I mean of course you wouldn't get sound, but if the problem is a video lockup due to the format does that have anything to do with the device on the other end?
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18