- Black clipping
- APL clipping
- White clipping
- Flashing Color Bars
- Sharpness & Overscan.

Only the first 3 are needed.

2. Grayscale Ramp Test:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9830...amp%20.mp4

The correct output will show the grayscale ramp having a smooth transition (rather than stair steps) from 16-235, with solid black/white past the dots at the ends. See correct grayscale ramp: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9830...p_good.png
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Read the first post please. kodi 15.2 is not (!) absolutely not able to transfer decoder video without upscaling the content to full range - which will include sever and heavy banding .... you won't get a single smooth grayramp with that at all.

All your calibration is nuts with that version :-( and the Use Limited Range has no single influence on the video data ... I am really out of ideas how I should explain that again and again ... it's all written in the very first post of this howto.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
OK and sorry if was offtopic (As i dont use the egl build nor its code anymore) but i needed an explanation (a good specific understandable one) and you just did.
That being said ill leave my color setup as it is right now in kodibuntu 15.2. I'll remove the offtopic part.

Btw i did read the first 2 posts of this thread when installed the ppa version (which i did after searching for instructions to install kodi in ubuntu server) but then i had to install something else due to hang issues. So now i know that part is broken or doesn't work properly as simple as that.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2015-12-03, 16:49)fritsch Wrote: @Ney: Currently uploading a new release (.tar) - will have pvr.dvblink integrated ... wait until it's fully up and upgrade your existing version after that.

Works a charm, thanks a bunch Fritch, disabling the turbo and setting max cstate to 1 makes it run rock solid, and jarvis beta 3 looks real good so far.
(2015-12-05, 20:13)Ney Wrote:
(2015-12-03, 16:49)fritsch Wrote: @Ney: Currently uploading a new release (.tar) - will have pvr.dvblink integrated ... wait until it's fully up and upgrade your existing version after that.

Works a charm, thanks a bunch Fritch, disabling the turbo and setting max cstate to 1 makes it run rock solid, and jarvis beta 3 looks real good so far.

Yeah. The cstate=1 is a sad thing ... thinking how long this bug is already open :-(
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-07-12, 20:06)fritsch Wrote: First post

fritsch, thanks alot for the detailed instructions in the first post!

I just followed them exactly and the setup was working well above expectation.

Intel NUC5PPYH, Braswell Pentium N3700
Ubuntu Server 15.10

I migrated from a nVidia ION platform and I have had a lot of issues earlier. This time, I installed the system away from
the TV and receiver and expected big time troubleshooting. Guessing the audio setting (optical SPDIF) and copying the
old HDMI-CEC settings (I use a PulseEight HDMI-CEC to USB dongle) and then moving the unit to the TV and Receiver.
It just worked! I still can't believe I didn't have to do a single thing!

The only surprise was that it changed the language/locale to Swedish (which is correct, but I prefer Engligh) upon the next
boot. Changed to English and it worked well. However, it reverted to Swedish again. Now restored again to English and I think
it holds it that way now. Unfortunately, I didn't extract any logs and I'm not sure where, how and if I should report it as a bug.

Thanks again for the great work fritsch!
Check CEC setting in kodi to not switch to TV language
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Umm, I updated from OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20151127190458-r21582-g0c46ef7 to OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20151203154456-r21592-g293aec7 by placing that .tar in the .update folder of my Beebox setup. After rebooting it got stuck at a black screen with a cursor. No network connection. I gave the reboot command remotely, so I haven't seen what exactly happened after that.

(Managed to roll back using the parallel Lubuntu setup and copying over the extracted KERNEL and SYSTEM images.)
(2015-12-03, 20:15)fritsch Wrote: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/li...03748.html <- HEVC 10 bit decoding :-)

Edit: Including hw vp9 support by the next atom, called broxton

Next summer's Atom release is going to bring some interesting decoding capabilities. Smile Too bad we need to wait for a year more before these will be in a Core i3 or i5 CPU..
Who needs a core i3 / core i5? If _all_ the video content is handled by dedicated silicon?
(2015-12-07, 21:34)fritsch Wrote: Who needs a core i3 / core i5? If _all_ the video content is handled by dedicated silicon?

Well, if you plan to do something else with your PC than just decode videos... If you're talking about a pure OE machine, then you maybe don't need more power than Broxton can provide.
There is, atleast for me, a tiny issue with the autostart.sh. If Kodi crashes 'openbox --exit' doesn't cut it for me. Openbox will ask for permission to actually close. This isnt good for the WAF. Is Openbox still needed? should I kill openbox in a different way in autostart.sh or should we do something like:

Code:
OUTPUT=`xrandr -display :0 -q | sed '/ connected/!d;s/ .*//;q'`
xrandr -display :0 --output $OUTPUT --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"

while true; do
  /usr/bin/kodi --standalone
done

Atleast this way it will restart Kodi. Both not really pretty though! We could also make it two seperate systemd scripts? One for Openbox and one for Kodi?

Ah well.. details.
do it differently and check the the return value:

Code:
OUTPUT=`xrandr -display :0 -q | sed '/ connected/!d;s/ .*//;q'`
xrandr -display :0 --output $OUTPUT --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"

while [ $? -ne 0 ]; do
done

That will restart kodi on failure - but shutdown will work properly
(2015-12-07, 18:02)jelbo Wrote: Umm, I updated from OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20151127190458-r21582-g0c46ef7 to OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20151203154456-r21592-g293aec7 by placing that .tar in the .update folder of my Beebox setup. After rebooting it got stuck at a black screen with a cursor. No network connection. I gave the reboot command remotely, so I haven't seen what exactly happened after that.

(Managed to roll back using the parallel Lubuntu setup and copying over the extracted KERNEL and SYSTEM images.)

Is there a upgrade process between the builds? I am currently running on Jarvis OpenELEC build 11/28/15 on my Asrock Beebox 3150.

1. Place tar file in the update folder?
2. Backup settings and re-install?
Placing the .tar and rebooting is enough
  • 157(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18