• 166(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
It's start to get at matching refreshrates going.

There are other methods for getting 24 fps on a 50 hz display. Again in theory a blending of frames - like in the 24.0 at 60 hz case:

A A A B B (we currently do)
could be:

A A (A+B)/2 B B

24 fps in 50 hz:
Currently:
A A (with 1000 / 50 ms per frame, e.g. 25 fps)

Could be:
A A A/24*1 + 23/24 *B B ...

Again in theory: As you see I am quite busy with trivialities the last days and yeah we won't solve it with talking about it - sadly I don't know where to get more time for that ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I just gave up passthrough audio. AVR handles PCM just fine so i'll stick with pulseaudio for now...
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2015-12-16, 11:26)_Spook_ Wrote: I just gave up passthrough audio. AVR handles PCM just fine so i'll stick with pulseaudio for now...

Going for LPCM is the best thing I have done in years for my setup. Smooth playback and no sync issues, and gives me peace on my mind Smile

So thanks Fritsch for that great explanation.
My XBMC / Kodi history.
XBMC for XBOX -> XBMC for Windows -> XBMC for Android -> Kodi for Android - > Kodi v16 OE (Amlogic) -> Kodi v17 LE (NUC 2x) -> Kodi v18.5 LE (NUC 2x)
I'm still on r21577 as this seems the most stable for passtrough, but I want to try PCM for sync reasons but confused:

I have only 2.1 cause no room for 5.1.

1) Is there a difference between kodi channels set to 2.0 & 2.1? my anthem avr just says 2.0 PCM but i'm guessing there is no display for 2.1 PCM.
(when set to 5.1 or 7/1 the avr displays multi pcm 3/2 - 3/4 correctly)

2) what happends to the LFE in dts/dts-hd in pcm ? so when set to 2.0/2.1 does kodi downmix 7.1 to 2 channel stereo & the avr just send the crossover to sub ? problem as in crossover for lfe is higher then normal (and lfe is 10db difference?) ..

3) when speakers set to 7.1 & you play a 5.1 source the avr thinks it's still getting multi pcm 3/4 why doesn't this auto change to what source is, or doesn't this matter ?
Probably a bit off topic - but any downside to LPCM vs passthrough? I have a 7.1 setup in my theater and normally let the AVR do the work but I don't need to do that. Just wasn't sure if I would be missing anything. Thanks!
Kodi has no option to set speakers. It has an option to set channels which are not speakers.

Quote:2) what happends to the LFE in dts/dts-hd in pcm ? so when set to 2.0/2.1 does kodi downmix 7.1 to 2 channel stereo & the avr just send the crossover to sub ? problem as in crossover for lfe is higher then normal (and lfe is 10db difference?) ..

If your setup has an LFE (2.1) the LFE signal goes to the LFE. If you setup does not have an LFE, LFE signal is mixed into FC or FL/FR.
(2015-12-16, 15:49)neox387 Wrote: I'm still on r21577 as this seems the most stable for passtrough, but I want to try PCM for sync reasons but confused:

I have only 2.1 cause no room for 5.1.

1) Is there a difference between kodi channels set to 2.0 & 2.1? my anthem avr just says 2.0 PCM but i'm guessing there is no display for 2.1 PCM.
(when set to 5.1 or 7/1 the avr displays multi pcm 3/2 - 3/4 correctly)

2) what happends to the LFE in dts/dts-hd in pcm ? so when set to 2.0/2.1 does kodi downmix 7.1 to 2 channel stereo & the avr just send the crossover to sub ? problem as in crossover for lfe is higher then normal (and lfe is 10db difference?) ..

3) when speakers set to 7.1 & you play a 5.1 source the avr thinks it's still getting multi pcm 3/4 why doesn't this auto change to what source is, or doesn't this matter ?
Why not set kodi to 5.1 or 7.1 so Kodi only has to decode and not downmix. Then setup the AVR to the appropiate number of speakers, so the AVR handles the mixing stuff.
My XBMC / Kodi history.
XBMC for XBOX -> XBMC for Windows -> XBMC for Android -> Kodi for Android - > Kodi v16 OE (Amlogic) -> Kodi v17 LE (NUC 2x) -> Kodi v18.5 LE (NUC 2x)
Tongue 
(2015-12-16, 16:33)lexi81 Wrote: Why not set kodi to 5.1 or 7.1 so Kodi only has to decode and not downmix. Then setup the AVR to the appropiate number of speakers, so the AVR handles the mixing stuff.

This sound good Tongue

then 3) what happends if set to 7.1 & u play a 5.1 avr thinks it gets 7.1 but 2 channels would be mute ? guess this wont really matter for downmix
Hi,

why has your version a MyVideos100.db and the nightly windows version only MyVideos99.db ?
(2015-12-16, 17:42)Eisi2005 Wrote: Hi,

why has your version a MyVideos100.db and the nightly windows version only MyVideos99.db ?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Database_versions

v17
So, status here on:

OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20151215204732-r21604-g17e2400

Problems:
4k files, both x264 and x265 get random HDMI resets
3D files, x264, get random HDMI resets
all other files OK

Sound is in sync after I stopped using passthrough and now use:
Sync Playback to Display: On
Adjust display refresh rate to match video: On Start / Stop

Logs:
http://sprunge.us/BbfK
http://sprunge.us/JQXK
http://sprunge.us/SAid
http://sprunge.us/EOVL

EDIT:
If I turn OFF Adjust display refresh rate to match video the problems further up goes away. But I get flicker issues with video. And had to fix that with setting GUI to 1920x1080p 23.98 FPS. So as long as I don't have videos with other framerate im all good with OK audiosync and NO framedrop/HDMI dropout.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
@NeoX

thanks
So I spent all of yesterday trying out different builds.

I have a chromebox, I've been running fritsch's Isengard for like a month. I tried offical openelec again, millhouses latest build and 1119 like someone mentioned in this thread, and the newest fritsch build. IMO the newest build found here is the best one when it comes to a/v sync. I don't use passthrough and I don't do sync playback to display cause no matter how many times I've been told it does no harm, I feel like the a/v sync is much better without it on my current refresh rate.

Just thought I'd throw that out there since a lot of people are asking which build to run. I would recommend the latest one here, 1215 I think it is.

Also, is anybody planning on releasing a stable Jarvis build when Jarvis officially comes out?
Sorry for bringing this up. Re: Tivo slide pro remote.
I'm after compiling a version of openelec again but linking to a package.mk you wrote which downloads the kernel from kernel.org (on this compile I was grabbing kernel 4.3)
During the compile process when it comes to building and patching the kernel the konsole asks questions about this and that, I simply chose the default option, or rather in my naïvety I just pressed "enter" for every query thrown up.
The build finished without any errors. (I ended up with openelec 6 with ffmpeg 2.6.4 and kodi jarvis beta 5)
And the remote works perfectly.
But when I use any of your builds in the v17 folder it doesn't.
Is it possible you might have overlooked a setting in the kernel compile option?
I take that back.

Super high fan speed on wake is back for the chromebox on the latest build
  • 166(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18