• 168(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Any change to the RBG Limited Support? Since the two last Betas my 2820 NUC needs to be set to Full RGB to give proper Video Output, before it was Limited. Nothing changed on the TV which is set to HDMI RGB Level High. Its a LG TV and HDMI Level High means Limited Color Range. TV is calibrated. Will give a LOG asap, currently Setup is in Use by Girlfriend ;-)

On my Chromebox everything is normal with RGB Limited...
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2015-12-19, 10:19)john.cord Wrote: Any change to the RBG Limited Support? Since the two last Betas my 2820 NUC needs to be set to Full RGB to give proper Video Output, before it was Limited. Nothing changed on the TV which is set to HDMI RGB Level High. Its a LG TV and HDMI Level High means Limited Color Range. TV is calibrated. Will give a LOG asap, currently Setup is in Use by Girlfriend ;-)

On my Chromebox everything is normal with RGB Limited...

Same on my NUC5PPYH.... i´ve changed hdmi input level on my samsung tv to get proper colorrange Wink
No change - none planed - no time ... you are free to fix the patch (it's on github). As it works ™ for me - I also don't see where the issue is.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Any idea when this will be included in official Openelec releases? I just tested HEVC 4K@30 Content on a N3150 Braswell with official Openelec 6.0 and it stuttered a lot. However I can't really install nightly builds at my fathers place since I won't be around to debug it - so he needs something stable. Just want to give him an estimate as to when it will be possible.

Great work as always fritsch!
(2015-12-19, 15:39)falc410 Wrote: Any idea when this will be included in official Openelec releases? I just tested HEVC 4K@30 Content on a N3150 Braswell with official Openelec 6.0 and it stuttered a lot. However I can't really install nightly builds at my fathers place since I won't be around to debug it - so he needs something stable. Just want to give him an estimate as to when it will be possible.

Great work as always fritsch!

No idea - but you can use the v15 based builds from here: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/v15_2_EGL/ which is OE6 + EGL backport.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok thanks, I will test this then on a 2nd USB stick.
(2015-12-19, 11:36)fritsch Wrote: No change - none planed - no time ... you are free to fix the patch (it's on github). As it works ™ for me - I also don't see where the issue is.

maybe the log tells us something. I'm currently at work but as soon as i am home tomorrow i will make a debug log. And as i said, my Celeron Chromebox is note affected so maybe something system specificHuh For the moment Full RGB Output with ditering is finde for my girlfriend to watch Gilmore Girls Rofl

EDIT:

Ok, i'm confused. The Black Level "High" Setting means PC Levels, maybe i have to check the TV Calibration Settings again.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
There is no log - it's a kernel patch.
Is there a proper advantage in the OE Jarvis builds? Or can I use the Isengaard?
(I have a Skylake CPU, watch Live-TV)
So are the washed out colours in the latest jarvis build a kernel problem.

Will this be fixed or is this just the way it is, going forward on Braswell.
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
(2015-12-20, 12:19)Mylo75 Wrote: So are the washed out colours in the latest jarvis build a kernel problem.

Will this be fixed or is this just the way it is, going forward on Braswell.

If someone cares yes - as I said - I don't have time for it currently - what about you?
I have no coding experience whatsoever, sorry.

If I could write code I would help.

That's why I appreciate all the work you guys do.
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
(2015-12-13, 14:26)wwessel Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 12:52)wwessel Wrote: I have an issue with the latest version on an ASUS Chromebox:

Starting a movie works fine, the movie is played flawlessly.

But when I stop the movie OE is restarting and I only have a black screen with mouse pointer on it. Then I have to stop/start kodi via ssh to make it work again.

cat ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit: http://sprunge.us/GChJ
dmesg | pastebinit: http://sprunge.us/VIjE

EDIT: It looks like it only happens with SD material. I can't reproduce this with HD movies. But stopping the first SD movie it happens again...

Issue still there with today's build. I tried latest Milhouse build and it has the same behaviour. The last one without this issue was the Jarvis 16.0 build, so something is broken in 17.0?

The issue is still there. But playing with some settings I get the following:

- With GUI set to 1080p/23.98 (my regular setting) the issue occurs after stopping an SD movie.
- With GUI set to 1080p/50 all work well

So the problem might be switching the refresh rate from 50Hz back to 23.976Hz ?
Can you reproduce manually? E.g. using xrandr from the command line?
(2015-12-20, 12:57)fritsch Wrote: Can you reproduce manually? E.g. using xrandr from the command line?

No. Switching works with xrandr or per settings in the GUI. Only when stopping an SD movie (50Hz) or waking up the chromebox from sleep state the issue occurs when GUI is set to 1080p/23.98.
  • 168(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18