Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
I have just been checking this out on my NUC, and for the most part it seems to work well, but I have noticed two issues (maybe already known, or just too early in development - but figured I'd report them).

1) When starting any LiveTV channel (using Mediaportal as a backend) the channel starts to play and works fine for about 3 seconds, then buffers for about 5-6 seconds and after that resumes normal play.
With Isengard I never had any buffer issue after starting a channel, though it did take a little longer to start a channel (but I wouldn't have said an additional 5-6 seconds like the delay I see here).

2) I'm unable to bring up the EPG/Grid view for LiveTV - the channel list works fine, but when I try to open the EPG grid Kodi just crashes and restarts.
I've tried with Confluence and Rapier just to check it was something skin related (I was using Rapier when I first tried)

I have posted a log which covers the two issues - at around 11:40:30 in the log I start a LiveTV channel, and then see the buffering issue a few seconds later.
After playback resumes I let it play for about 10 seconds, then stop playback and enter the EPG grid, which crashed Kodi.

The file I put on pastebin was the crashlog which appears to include the normal Kodi logs too, but if you need anything else please let me now.

This was all done using the 22:00 build from 27th Dec (latest as of now).

I had to put the log on paste.ee as it exceeded the pastebin upload limit; https://paste.ee/p/4ihQ3

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - by Swifty - 2015-12-28, 14:04
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18