• 181(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Any chance that there will shortly be a fix/workaround for the buffering issue when switching tv channels or do we have to wait until the development of the videoplayer has been finalized? Issue has been discussed here
Just read the thread you just linked.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
My tvheadend remote still stutters with latest release (3rd of today)

debug log
http://sprunge.us/fc111TW
We don't support tvheadend here ... this thread is about videoplayer and vaapi.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Little bit OT, but about general development - something has changed in webinterface/JSON in recent builds? (around rebasing from 16beta to 17alpha). I use Android apps to control Kodi (Kore, Yatse) and from some time i cannot initiate audio and video playback from these apps. I can only control playback once it's started using remote. I've tried audio/movie/tv series playback initiation using apps and also webinterface directly and nothing starts from apps and only audio starts from webinterface.
The same apps work without problem with stable Kodi 15.2 on second host but not with Kodi from ppa on my BeeBox.

Can you help me with it? Here is log with all checks (movie/tv series/audio playback from WWW and Yatse) - http://paste.ubuntu.com/14243616/
(2015-12-28, 20:22)BigL-New Wrote: Little bit OT, but about general development - something has changed in webinterface/JSON in recent builds? (roung rebasing from 16beta to 17alpha). I use Android apps to control Kodi (Kore, Yatse) and from some time i cannot initiate audio and video playback from these apps. I can only control playback once it's started using remote. I've tried audio/movie/tv series playback initiation using apps and also webinterface directly and nothing starts from apps and only audio starts from webinterface.
The same apps work without problem with stable Kodi 15.2 on second host but not with Kodi from ppa on my BeeBox.

Can you help me with it? Naturally i can provide logs if it's needed :-)

Am pretty sure it's allow sharing set to false will stop kore working - it's what i found anyway.

<source>
<name>Videos</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://10.10.10.2/videos/</path>
<allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</source>
Thanks but i use only local storage so IMHO nothing to do with sharing. And all files are accessible when i start playback using remote.
I see that VP9 vaapi hw is now supported in ffmpeg http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=...79b474d819

Could this be usefull now/in the future for a braswell user ? or is it for more recent cpu ?
I reported that some posts back before I pushed the kodi code ... It's totally useless on Braswell as everything > 1080p does stutter like hell. Broadwell / Braswell / SKL do VP9 via "hybrid decoder" ... much too slow for relevant resolutions. For Broxton it will work nicely. All the relevant code is in kodi already.
(2015-12-28, 20:13)fritsch Wrote: We don't support tvheadend here ... this thread is about videoplayer and vaapi.

Thing is, I can go back to any early december release without changing anything related to Tvheadend, and it all works like a charm :S
Which made me thing its not tvheadend related..
As only tvheadend stopped working it is highly tvheadend related ...
(2015-12-28, 20:48)fritsch Wrote: As only tvheadend stopped working it is highly tvheadend related ...

My setup works
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Fritsch - enjoying the new upload speeds? You are putting out versions faster than I can download Smile
@jjslegacy: in deed - yes :-) I still had a day off today and just built directly after fernet was pushing something. Then I saw 4.4.0-rc7 was released and also built that one.
as always I appreciate it! Maybe someday I will move away from openelec but for what I need it just works so I appreciate these builds!
  • 181(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18