• 183(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
JSon API was bumped ... all remotes need to adjust. This code just hit kodi's master ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
For those with the EPG segfaults, these should be fixed after: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8701 is in
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-12-29, 12:02)wwessel Wrote: The same issue here. With the latest Jarvis 16.0 build it works. With any 17.0 build (fritsch or Milhouse) I get this behaviour.

Funny: Using Constellation on an iPad it works... Huh
I've checked and Constellation uses Eventserver (in fact can detect and use both - JSON-RPC and Eventserver). So that's why it works for you. Also their new app - THE remote for Kodi works for the same reason.
Maybe my assumption about Eventserver was "too easy" - it's used by both apps and also Yatse uses it. So problem is elsewhere. I've created issue on Yatse forum ( http://yatse.tv/redmine/issues/317 ) and we will see. Tolriq (one of Yatse authors) is also involved in JSon-RPC change in Kodi so he is very well aware of nature of the changes. But right now he thinks if it's something with Yatse or something with Kodi.
(2015-12-29, 22:56)BigL-New Wrote: Maybe my assumption about Eventserver was "too easy" - it's used by both apps and also Yatse uses it. So problem is elsewhere. I've created issue on Yatse forum ( http://yatse.tv/redmine/issues/317 ) and we will see. Tolriq (one of Yatse authors) is also involved in JSon-RPC change in Kodi so he is very well aware of nature of the changes. But right now he thinks if it's something with Yatse or something with Kodi.

I'm the only author Wink And I know quite well Kodi JSON part, the problem is not JSON related and completely Kodi bug there's nothing to adjust on remote for simple basic playing start. Only impact by recent changes is handling specific players and external players.

When remote send a player.open with movieid XXX there's nothing to change at JSON part and Kodi should works accordingly.

And BTW Event Server can't play movies Wink What I suspect is that Constellation add items to playlist and start playlist this use another way internally in Kodi but both ways are 100% valid and should continue to work.
@Tolriq: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8525 <- seems your remote stops after GetActivePlayers if I see that right (only had a brief look) - totally not my part of expertise - but things won't magically solve itself.
Well the error reported by the user to me is that he can't start Playback from Yatse or WebInterface.

The command send is : {"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":160,"method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"movieid":407}}} And there's no reason is does no more work and while it have lot's of chance to be related to this PR (That I did check as you can read there) this should still work correctly and there's nothing to fix on remote side ....

The PR do not affect what most remote uses and BTW this is totally my part of expertise with no offense.
From what I see here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/14243616/ the others call open first, while yatse calls GetActivePlayers - I don't see the Player.Open sent in those cut logs. But yeah, when you say all is fine - then I believe you, as said - no idea on that issue / field.
The getactiveplayer is timed and not related to the call. (And there's Player.Open on every single extract in that log)

The only starting call is what I linked and this is what is no more working from the information I have, this is not related to changes needed in Yatse. Changes needed are when you select playusing from Kodi interface or from remotes.

If there's really a problem it should be addressed by someone who know, I'll try to test tomorrow normal alpha to see more, but well I'm following and contributing to Kodi JSON part since 2009 and I check every single PR that touch JSON since then so I have quite some background on how all works Wink

And to finish on my suspicion since I did not read the whole log until now, the last part that works as I did know use Player.Open with playlist that use another internal path to choose player.
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","id":1,"params":{"item":{"playlistid":0,"position":0}}}

We have not meet often on Github since not working on same part but I really know what I'm talking about.
I think I was not exact enough:

yatse Wrote:18:58:38 T:140531556394752 DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
18:58:38 T:140531556394752 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":160,"method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"movieid":407}}}

the other thing Wrote:18:51:34 T:140531791292160 DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc?Player.Open
18:51:34 T:140531791292160 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","id":1,"params":{"item":{"episodeid":47}}}

But yeah - thanks for looking into it tomorrow.
Completely unrelated they add things to url but it for their internal tracking I guess as this is not valid parameter and is not used in Kodi for any post related commands and not even valid for Json P.

Important part is Json on logs as it's what will be interpreted and it's the exact same.
Tested with current master head and everything works perfectly from Yatse side.

So the problem is either specific to this build (don't really have followed this thread) or to the user but I have people at home so can't help more.
@Big-NL: Try latest OpenELEC testbuild from an USB stick - I feel this is a layer 8 issue.
@fritsch: I've tried latest OE testbuild (it's OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20151228222415-r21629-ge097d0c from yesterday evening, not from today) and result is the same as it was with previous builds. But i can confirm that problem is with the way that Player.Open is called. If it's used with playlist playback starts (audio and video). if it's direct use it doesn't work.

Please confirm if it's correct build i've tested - i ask because you posted today and build is from yesterday at 22:24.
It's a problem in fernet's current master. It works fine with kodi's master ... tested that myself this afternoon with yatse. Funny enough - starting of music / Live TV and so on just works fine.
  • 183(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18