Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2016-01-01, 17:01)fritsch Wrote: Hi guys.

Time to say goodbye. Cause of differences in my way (some call it vision) of thinking where our open crossplatform kodi media center should go in the future with (not the majority) but the loudest part of the team. I will stop contributing to kodi. Thank you for your help in this thread and all the best for the future. There is no hate or anything involved, I highly appreciate the things we did in a team (when we still were a team). It's also not about who is the good and who is the bad guy. It just seems that my place is not here anymore.

To all of you: Have a brilliant future, never forget what OpenSource can do for humanity!

Edit: As I don't have moderator rights on the forum (never wanted to have rights to have advantages over real users) I cannot close this thread. Stay on topic and take care of the values and of course the humor I sent out over the last years. You all rock!

It doesnt surprise me one little bit, not for a second these sad news come as a shock or as anything that I didnt see coming (not from you specifically) as this is the general impression I have strongly felt from other devs and users such as myself.
Im surprised it doesnt happen more often in fact... I dont say this to be nasty or offend or provoke offense, but rather to be true and genuine about my feelings and ideas.

Yep, sad to see another person go, and a knowledgeable and helpful person/dev to users such as yourself. No doubt you will be missed, but hope you find it in your heart to still make it the odd contribution to Kodi somehow, maybe in one of the forks? Who knows.

Best of luck with what you decide to do in future opensource wise and know that for sure many more will join you on this feeling/reason for leaving.

Thank you for all the fish...

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - by un1versal - 2016-01-02, 11:54
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18