Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2016-01-04, 12:10)fritsch Wrote: (*) It was proposed, that platforms (Windows, Android, whatever) should get special branches and features should be allowed to be commited without honoring the cross-platform aspect, Those branches are then released as final versions. This does not fit into my philosopy of cross-platform development at all.
Sorry for posting off topic, but just trying to catch up what's been going on.

I don't remember this being proposed to the Team at all? I'm certain by far the majority of the Team support your view of cross-platform development so I really don't see why you think your vision is at cross purposes with the rest of the Team leading you to feel you need to leave.

To me what should have happened is that the Jarvis passthrough code from koying should have continued to live in his github only with use at your own risk Jarvis builds being posted on the forum, so the v17 code would be the only code to make it into the official Kodi branches much in the same way work has been done by yourself for EGL and the work that afedchin was doing for DX11.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - by jjd-uk - 2016-01-04, 13:30
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03