• 217(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
very much expected. Kodi will not switch to a lower resolution than configured in settings.
... sorry, can someone post the link for the openelec-krypton test builds? That would be nice!
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
It's all in the second post of this thread - you just need to read it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I tried to run Kodi 16 on 14.04 TLS Server on my new Skylake i5 Media Server and I could not get hardware acceleration to work. CPU usage was wasting at 300% for an 1080p video, so I installed a clean copy of 15.10 Server and followed the guide. Now my CPU is not getting taxed with video playback.

Thank you!
Since it explicitly states in the first post that you need Ubuntu Server 15.10 to get this working!

Speaking of this: with 16.04 LTS around the corner, it will be great to finally use an LTS version with EGL VAAPI.
You are welcome to see what is needed and post here - that would save me some time :-)

I have no strong feelings about doing everything myself - team work is highly welcome.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi,
the 2 link in the second post for openelec img to dropbox is down.
I have a nuc NUC5I3RYH and I tried to install the official Openelec 6.0.1 but I have lots buffering. Instead with my old lenovo thinkcentre with a core2Duo and openelec 6.0 I have no problem at all.
Which openelec file do you suggest to instal im my Intel NUC? I bought this device just to be used with Openelec
Thank you
http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...r_testing/
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
then the file with data 23/02 ? it is stable?
No - it's a testbuild, works some day better and the other worse ...
I am not aware about the bad days. Must be my busy days when I don't use Kodi Smile
(2016-02-26, 22:37)FernetMenta Wrote: I am not aware about the bad days. Must be my busy days when I don't use Kodi Smile

Jep - those :-)
What about this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9830...EGL.img.gz in the second post, is this more stable?
No - it's unsupported and was a tech demo only for some computer sites arround the world.
the NUC that I bought is for my family and I don't want to have to play around with it everyday (modifying/fixing it for it to work). I would like a version that is stable (if it exists) in order for my kids and wife to watch movie in streaming as well as to watch live channels using the pvr simple tv.

In order to avoid problems I bought this NUC with Intel i3 and even increased my internet to 56 MB in downloads and 11 MB in uploads but it seems that my NUC is having problems and my old PC worked better. I have also tried the last test of version 7 but I am having some issues with the DNS settings and a few other small things. This is why I am asking you which version is best for my needs. I
Thank you for help and suggestions in advance.
  • 217(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18