• 220(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
A bit hard to post logs when I can't use GUI to enable debug logging...
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#...ngs.xml.29
Today's build same problem
Yeah, same problem

EDIT: If I had the time I would get the logs, but overtime at work Sad
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2016-02-29, 20:12)fritsch Wrote: The above means: your tvh client is not compatible to the kodi you run.

Hi,
hm, so I have no clue how this is possible.

I deleted my branch and checked it out again from scratch, but the file is same as before, even the md5 is equal

md5sum pvr.hts.so.3.1.0
89724a80969dff53f199d037c364964b pvr.hts.so.3.1.0

Just did these steps

git clone https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
git clone https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts.git
cd pvr.hts && mkdir build && cd build
cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=pvr.hts -DADDON_SRC_PREFIX=../.. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../xbmc/addons -DPACKAGE_ZIP=1 ../../xbmc/project/cmake/addons
make

copied pvr.hts.so.3.1.0 to /usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.hts and /usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.hts (btw, which path is the needed one and why does it exist twice?)
renew the links and restarted kodi.

maybe someone can upload a working pvr.hts.so.3.1.0? But I would prefer to understand why its not working. My compiled 3.0.2 was working on the same host Sad

Cheers
Quick question about the soundsettings:
In openelec I would normally se my reciever when choosing output for the sound and passthrough, e.g. with Milhouse openelec 7 build on a Intel nuc5cpyh I see the following
ALSA: HDA Intel PCH, PIO SX-LX70 on HDMI

with Fritsch openelec 7 builds:
ALSA: HDA Intel PCH, HDMI

The sound works as it should, with passthrough of truehd and dts-hd, but I was wondering if the type of reciever is hidden on purpose or is information about the reciever that not communicated to openelec Fritsch builds?
Looks like a kernel change - can you post the needed logs? then we can see.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
btw, why do i need to set audio channels to 2.0 to get dd/dts passthrough working via hdmi?
(2016-03-01, 22:55)Nafi Wrote: btw, why do i need to set audio channels to 2.0 to get dd/dts passthrough working?

because you use a 2 channel interface most likely. all this is covered under audio in the wiki and isnt anything to do with this thread.
Most likely:

when you select 2.0 channels AC3 Transcoding is available and as you have selected "Sync Playback to Display" this is the only way to work together with transcoded passthrough. If Transcode is disabled - you will just receive PCM.

See the first post for an explanation.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I am currently traveling for work, so i dont have access to my nuc, but will post logs when I am back. I dont see it as a problem, but switching between Milhouse and Fritsch give the different results.

Regarding color options for passthrough; I think I have read somewhere (probably avs forum) that 1080p bluray movies always is 16:235?
If yes, does that mean that when watching video, that even if my tv support fullrange, the colors will be more true to the source if 16:235 without dithering is selected in openelec settings?
Yes.
fritsch Wrote:when you select 2.0 channels AC3 Transcoding is available and as you have selected "Sync Playback to Display" this is the only way to work together with transcoded passthrough. If Transcode is disabled - you will just receive PCM.

nope, "Sync Playback to Display" is disabled Smile

just played a bit around with these settings and figured out that passthrough does work for movies but not for livetv from tvheadend
in livetv passthrough only works when AC3 Transcoding is activated

do you want logs or is this out of your business?
No - this is intended behaviour. No passthrough with realtime streams. Transcoding is the workaround.
ok
  • 220(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18