• 230(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
no the problem is those headers are not yet included in my fernetmenta-master ppa. They will be with the next build.
in the meantime the impatient can get kodi-inputstream-dev from the team-xbmc nightly ppa

edit: meh.. I though IFileTypes.h is inputstream specific. Now it seems even pvr addons need this, so it shouldn't be in the kodi-inputstream-dev package...
Just for everyone currently building pvr.hts, it will build but the pushed changes in https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/comm...be3ab2e9ad have broken the runtime execution. Streams stutter and decode incorrectly. So I would recommend to install the following ppa versions, these will keep the xbmc.pvr api at 5.0.0 and a correctly build pvr.hts which supports it.

Code:
ii  kodi                                   2:17.0~git20160305.0500-4f9b0bd-0wily    all
ii  kodi-bin                               2:17.0~git20160305.0500-4f9b0bd-0wily    amd64
ii  kodi-pvr-hts                           3.1.0-1~wily                             amd64
(2016-03-10, 21:27)hal2100 Wrote:
(2016-03-08, 22:09)fritsch Wrote: Please install gdb and get us a backtrace.

Concerning WAF: There is a stable kodi version that you can use. These builds here are for testing.

This is the crashlog of the most recent crash just a few minutes ago:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/15343220/

If I can add more info, please tell me so.

Was this in any way helpful?
Yeah - time, the time, the time ... busy with other stuff

Disable subtitles for now completely ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Quote:Just for everyone currently building pvr.hts, it will build but the pushed changes in https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/comm...be3ab2e9ad have broken the runtime execution. Streams stutter and decode incorrectly. So I would recommend to install the following ppa versions, these will keep the xbmc.pvr api at 5.0.0 and a correctly build pvr.hts which supports it.

Code:
ii kodi 2:17.0~git20160305.0500-4f9b0bd-0wily all
ii kodi-bin 2:17.0~git20160305.0500-4f9b0bd-0wily amd64
ii kodi-pvr-hts 3.1.0-1~wily amd64

I cannot confirm. I just build and used this version with the latest update from 10th of March. It's working - there is no stutters etc.

Alex
It highly depends on the backend ... it's constantly broken, and important fixes are only in git and in no stable version.

So tvh issues have to be filed with them, as we have no idea which version currently is a stable version. I asked three times which version "is working" and which one is to be suggested ... I could not get an answer ... :-(

So, whatever issues you have with tvh -> pvr forum / their github.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have a Braswell platform and a TBS tuner. Which is the appropriate source to compile myself OE with EGL and adding TBS drivers?
Not supported.
(2016-02-21, 23:41)Phobos666 Wrote: I updated ubuntu to server-version 16.04 and this line
Quote:ExecStart = /usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/openbox-session -- :0 -nolisten tcp vt7
gives me the following error
Code:
Fatal server error:
(EE) xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open virtual console 7 (Permission denied)

In the Xorg log there is the error
Code:
[  2042.179] (EE) systemd-logind: failed to take device /dev/dri/card0: Operation not permitted

(2016-02-21, 23:51)fritsch Wrote: Btw. your issue is something else, the user running that command is not member of video group and most likely you have to reenter the command for getting xserver start permissions from the initial howto.

I had the same issue with 16.04, my kodi user is in the video group but it seems that doesn't help. I added a line to /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config and now it works. Xserver is running as root which may raise some concerns but I don't consider it a problem on a dedicated Kodi box.

Xwrapper.config
Code:
allowed_users=anybody
needs_root_rights=yes

I use a BeebOx and did the custom EDID thing to get a picture if it starts up without a connected AVR but it seems this doesn't work with my Onkyo TX-SR 805. If I turn on the AVR after the boot of the box is completed I only get a black screen. A restart of the Xserver fixes that. I don't know yet what the problem is there but I had that working with a NVIDIA card and a custom EDID.

As I never had a INTEL based setup I just want to confirm, that it should work as I expect. Does a custom EDID enable to boot a BeeBox without tha AVR turned on and having it put signal through to my AVR as soon as I turn it on?
For the Xwrapper.config: see the proper fix some pages back (installation of the legacy package).

For the custom edid: Try it. I use it succesfully on my core i3 with kernel >= 4.4 and an additional xorg.conf
I downloaded 16.04 install media three days ago to set the system up. Maybe the problem is that it isn't final and some things are messed up.

I have the legacy package installed and did a dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg-legacy. This gave me the line allowed_users=anybody in Xwrapper.config and the error: (EE) xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open virtual console 7 (Permission denied) in syslog.

After that I checked that my kodi user is in the video group:

video:x:44:kodi

Only way to fix that was adding the second line to Xwrapper.config

I'll try again with the custom EDID, I indeed missed creating an additional Xorg.conf. Kernel is 4.4.0 so it should be fine but I admit that I have some reading to about Intel graphics and Linux. I always had Nvidia in the past. Just found the custom xorg.conf for Intel on the Openelec homepage. I guess that's a good start.

Another thing that I'm missing in the VAAPI builds is the delay for the framerate switching. I guess this due the development state and that it will be back at some point.
It's under Videoscreen now. System -> Settings -> System -> Output something.

Edit: Kernel wise I suggest a custom kernel with the 16:235 passthrough patches ... to not kill colors, some are here: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/kernel/
Hi!

Also still don't gave up in testing the egl build , now with a B150 Mobo and a G3900 Skylake Celeron Big Grin
I've been running into similar problems when using daily xenial iso and/or lubuntu beta1 iso.
I know it's not a final / polished product and alpha "blabla" (xenial & v17) Wink , but could anybody hint me to a solution with this "permission denied" ?

Also I got another problem, when trying to use 15.2 server iso - if everything is installed it seems to work fine, but I can't alter the default refreshrate, it always stays at 60Hz not matter what I try.
(xrandr , openbox/autostart , etc.) Also can't find any solution to configure xinit commandline call to use a refreshrate of 50Hz and via openbox autostart (xrandr -d :0 -r 50) it also won't work.
Automatic switching the refreshrate in kodi itself works (eg. 24hz Film). Gave up and tried xenial again, with the above mentioned problems.
The solution was already given ... search for legacy in this forum. I installed xenial on one of my Braswell rigs. Concerning 50hz at start: check drm_kms_helper (also search in this forum, I gave a step by step howto) + and xorg.conf that sets the 50hz modeline as default.

I am off to work. You can join me in 10 hours at #xbmc-xvba if you need further instructions to not spam this thread with not yet released ubuntu version talk - as this howto uses 15.10.

Xorg legacy: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2260378
drm_kms_helper: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2148505
xorg.conf: http://paste.ubuntu.com/15382953/ Make sure to rename HDMI1 (all appearances to HDMIX to match your setup)
Hi !

I installed xserver-xorg-legacy and reconfigured it , still same result as mentioned.
About that refreshrate problem -> this is indeed ontopic, because it happened to me when using 15.10 server howto.
But I will search and maybe joining channel tonight - I also need to work now Wink

Thanks for the links Smile
  • 230(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18