Bug Arctic: Zephyr not compatable with mysql backend
Hello,

Awesome skin. A good alternative to Refocus.
I use a Mysql library backend.

Everything works fine on the system that has populated the mysql database as it cached all the images during the scan.
But after that, I create an empty Kodi profile for the rest of my machines. I enter the mysql settings in advancedsettings and thats it. Kodi should populate the data from the mysql database. Grabbing images as needed.

There it does wrong. Most data and images are loaded but not all. For example, the covers are loaded, but the background fanart is not.

Log errror:
Code:
10:54:28 T:1888 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - unsupported protocol(image) in image://****/datastore1%2fMovies%2fStrangerland.2015%2ffanart.jpg/
10:54:29 T:1888 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - unsupported protocol(image) in image://****/datastore1%2fMovies%2fHome.2015%2ffanart.jpg/

I switched back to Refocus skin and all images get populated right away without any issues.

Perhaps something to look at, allthough i don't expect that alot of people are running into this issue because i am doing abnormal stuff.
Not the answer your looking for BUT you can replace the need for using a mysql backend by using Emby in combination with the emby for kodi addon (see signature). I do this and have 3 htpcs that I keep in sync with this method. Everything you get with mysql (i.e. synced watched status etc) is done with this method.

Cheers
Yes that really is not the answer i am looking for. Alot of other people aren't either. These Emby posts are getting freakingly annoying. Stop it.
(2015-07-14, 21:20)Ballistic Wrote: Yes that really is not the answer i am looking for. Alot of other people aren't either. These Emby posts are getting freakingly annoying. Stop it.

Haha chill out dude, it may not be the answer for you but to speak for others is a bit much. It actually is information that not everyone is aware off although your obviously an expert on the topic so I'll leave it there Rofl
(2015-07-13, 11:04)Ballistic Wrote: Hello,

Awesome skin. A good alternative to Refocus.
I use a Mysql library backend.

Everything works fine on the system that has populated the mysql database as it cached all the images during the scan.
But after that, I create an empty Kodi profile for the rest of my machines. I enter the mysql settings in advancedsettings and thats it. Kodi should populate the data from the mysql database. Grabbing images as needed.

There it does wrong. Most data and images are loaded but not all. For example, the covers are loaded, but the background fanart is not.

Log errror:
Code:
10:54:28 T:1888 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - unsupported protocol(image) in image://****/datastore1%2fMovies%2fStrangerland.2015%2ffanart.jpg/
10:54:29 T:1888 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - unsupported protocol(image) in image://****/datastore1%2fMovies%2fHome.2015%2ffanart.jpg/

I switched back to Refocus skin and all images get populated right away without any issues.

Perhaps something to look at, allthough i don't expect that alot of people are running into this issue because i am doing abnormal stuff.

This isn't a skin issue. This sort of stuff is handled by kodi. Skins only control how and what things are displayed. Kodi handles all the underlying decoding of images from the database etc.

Also where is this occurring? In the library or in widgets? Might be an issue related to service.library.data.provider if its on the home screen widgets. You might have to switch to using Playlists for the widgets provided by data provider (Random, Recent & Recommended Movies/TvShows).

Often "unsupported protocol(image)" errors point to a corrupted texture database. You can fix a corrupted database with the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility found here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
This problem only accurs with this skin. Refocus works fine but you are probably right and it calls the data differently. But still, allthough the root cause of the problem is in Kodi or a plugin, Maybe the skin can be changed to create a workaround.

The images that aren't being display are the fullscreen fanart backgrounds in the widgets.
I did give a workaround - use a smart playlist for the widget instead
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr not compatable with mysql backend0