Req Shared thumbnails
Brick 
Please add functionality to share thumbnail libraries between KODI "clients" on same network.
I should be enoubs to store all common thumbnails and images in one central place.
the cache is local for speed reasons. if you absolutely can't spare the space use path substitution.
(2015-07-14, 15:16)ironic_monkey Wrote: the cache is local for speed reasons. if you absolutely can't spare the space use path substitution.
Path substitution is a hacky work around, I'd like to see a more permanent solution added to Kodi.

I personally use symbolic links instead of path subs. Kodi can't resolve path sub. locations but symbolic links work just fine Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Twitter | Help?
All images are shared, but caching is not. There's no benefit to sharing the cache and it would just make things a lot slower. Almost nothing would cache images in this way. Web browsers always have a local cache, for example. What if you loaded a window showing a list of movies, backed out of it, and went back in? You want to download the image every... single... time...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared thumbnails00