Advanced background question
I have always used custom backgrounds in my Kodi config, but I usually just point to a folder where I store backgrounds. In Aeon Nox (and other skins), I have noticed that some people point the directory to "special://....", which makes the backgrounds populate on all devices, regardless of the file structure, because it points directly to wherever Kodi is installed. However, I cannot figure out how to point to a special directory from the skin itself. I have also browsed through the "home.xml" file to see if I could edit the path there, but couldn't find it. Can anyone offer some help on how to set the path so that I can use the same build on multiple platforms without redoing the backgrounds section for each OS?

Thanks!
Unsure on the Aeon Nox skin, however home.xml would use the texture tag:
i.e. <texture>special://skin/backgrounds/xxx.png/jpg/etc</texture>

You might need to specify each of the fallback folder images for each window id (unsure, but it if yes than I'm thinking this is very tedious)

It may be an easier option to copy a setup of the guisettings.xml file in the userdata folder from a completed setup? (YMMV)
(2015-07-15, 19:05)k4sh1n Wrote: Unsure on the Aeon Nox skin, however home.xml would use the texture tag:
i.e. <texture>special://skin/backgrounds/xxx.png/jpg/etc</texture>

You might need to specify each of the fallback folder images for each window id (unsure, but it if yes than I'm thinking this is very tedious)

It may be an easier option to copy a setup of the guisettings.xml file in the userdata folder from a completed setup? (YMMV)

Ok, I will check it out. Thanks for the response!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced background question0