Learning Python and Kodi Add-on Development - A Journey..
(2017-10-09, 14:59)docwra Wrote: I found this great blog post recently for beginners.

https://medium.freecodecamp.org/learning...0ea540b567

Thanks, that's what I was looking for!
So what I'm having trouble with is setting up a dev environment that has access to the kodi libraries. 

I'm assuming that kodi has it's own version of python built into it's install, vs using any separate os install python?

If so there a kodi "console" when I can access that internal version and do things like build .pyo, precomile, etc?

When I try from a stand-alone install of python I get a lot of "libraries not found".

BRAND new to this so any help in how to access the python within Kodi, or if kodi doesn't have its own python build, how I setup my regular install to access the kodi modules.

THANKS!
-Zac
I'm thinking about starting learning python from the scrap in purposes of building sites, could someone advise me a latest book about learning basics?
Or it's not the best way to start learning such things?
any piece of advice for a newbie are welcome
There are loads of books such as Learn Python in 24hrs, but I found the Udemy courses the easiest to follow.

Python is actually really easy once you get the basics of loops and arrays and the Object Orientated approach.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Learning Python and Kodi Add-on Development - A Journey..5