MKV Chapters
MKV chapter handling is getting better but there are some drawbacks:

The file must play first and then you have to navigate to the bookmark folder before a choice can be made.
A keyboard shortcut to bookmarks would be nice.
Also, chapters with a number title (example: 409, 99 : both are song titles by the way) are missing those names (numbers) and just say "chapter xx".
On one of my concert blu-ray rips, there are no thumbnail images in the bookmark (chapter) menu, just blank screens.

Having the chapter list available before the start of the file would be really nice.

Windows 8.1 desktop
Kodi 15.0 RC2
Well by default you start at the first chapter... so you start the movie (it auto populates bookmarks) , want to move to another chapter hit the bookmarks and make the jump. I guess it's not like an intro disk menu, but you quickly catch the fact that movies don't start right off the bat, there are opening credits to make the jump and yes there is no chapter titles but then how many disks will allow you to make your own chapter/bookmarks for?

Of course we do have a section called 'Feature Requests'.
(2015-07-16, 02:10)PatK Wrote: Well by default you start at the first chapter... so you start the movie (it auto populates bookmarks) , want to move to another chapter hit the bookmarks and make the jump. I guess it's not like an intro disk menu, but you quickly catch the fact that movies don't start right off the bat, there are opening credits to make the jump and yes there is no chapter titles but then how many disks will allow you to make your own chapter/bookmarks for?

Of course we do have a section called 'Feature Requests'.

I converted most of my concert Blu-ray rips to MKV and added chapter names using MakeMKV, MKVMerge & ChaptersDB.org. If ChaptersDB.org doesn't have the XML file for my Blu-ray, I add the chapter names manually. It only takes minutes.

Moving from song to song is much easier than before but could be better with easier navigation. I guess I'll request a keyboard shortcut or something similar in "Feature Requests"

Thanks
Code:
ActivateWindow(videobookmarks)

will work in a keymap (wiki) file.
(2015-07-16, 03:41)Ned Scott Wrote:
Code:
ActivateWindow(videobookmarks)

will work in a keymap (wiki) file.

I made a plain text file and named it keymap.xml

I put this text inside:

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
        <g>ActivateWindow(videobookmarks)</g>
    </keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

I added this file to the keymaps folder in the userdata folder.

It worked ! Big Grin

While playing a concert video, I can press the G key and it opens chapters (bookmarks) instantly.

Thank You
Am I right in understanding that chapters titles in MKVs are not displayed anywhere? For concerts it's kind of a shame.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Chapter titles should show up in both the chapter select window and on the OSD. At least it does for Confluence.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV Chapters0