Win Kodi Will Not Open
Exclamation 
I've tried all of the builds. Isengard RC1 and RC2. Helix 14.2.
Was working for months now. Today tried to open it and it doesn't do anything at all. If I uninstall and reinstall any version I get the same error when installing...

“Error opening file for writing:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe”

What is going on? It gives me the option to Abort, which stops the installing process.
Retry which doesn't work.
Ignore which let's me finish but then of course it wont open because of the error message. I need help! I have a windows 8 computer. thank you!
I haven't moved to windows 8 yet.... waiting for the bugs to be found, 'Oh' wait windows 10 now.... humm does it offer me anything over a fully functioning Kodi? oops sorry for that, just thinking out loud, Noting this is your first post, yesterday I was hoping someone would take you by the hand.... but I see that no effort is put to new forum members, might have something to do with the Wiki's available to all at the top of the page. I digress....

WELCOME to the Kodi forums.

One of the issues that is most common, is that people just re-install over top of an existing Kodi build, which if everything is functioning properly should be fine. But should an installation have an issue with the userdata, then the error is simply carried on. If you have had Kodi running in the past, then it's quite likely that it will run again Supported hardware (wiki) on a first install if the installation files are solid. So for the purposes of solving your issue, let's delete the old program by hand.

The files to delete:

C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\Kodi

and be sure you replace my user name with your user name.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi

Please have a quick read of First time user (wiki) then proceed to install a fresh download of Kodi RC2, you might want to pass the PVR/TV stuff if you don't have a TV video card, and be sure you have administrator rights in windows. Link back to this thread if you end up with the same error, you may have to turn on debugging as default
I expect it is an add-on causing you a problem. It won't be anything about Windows 8. All running happy on Win 8.1 here.
Okay, so I am going to type out what happens as I work on this.
I have entered that command. Except with my Username.
I cant find it. I just searched Kodi instead and found both of those folders.
I cant delete them because it says a file or folder is open in another program.
I check the task manager to see what's open and closed all extra apps excluding this window and what I am using to try and delete on.
Still isn't working...
I'm going to restart my computer and go from there.
Thank you for your help so far!!
Completely shutdown the computer and turn back on.
Check processes (not applications) in task manager to make sure Kodi isn't running (Kodi.exe *32).
Uninstall Kodi from the Control Panel, don't just delete the folder.
Delete the appdata folder as previously mentioned.
Completely shutdown the computer and turn back on.
Install Kodi.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
When I first install kodi 14.2 in intel NUC5i7RYH and run kodi, dialog with "Error: Unable to create GUI. Existing" is coming.
Restart kodi or restart the computer, it is not solved. Could you please help me?
I believe there was a setting that some people had to change in the BIOS, maybe try Kodi 15.0 Isengard RC 2.

Make sure your drivers are up to date from here:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...ver-bundle
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
I have a windows 8.1 after I finish running anf installing Kodi nothing comes up it just goes blank this is my 5th time trying Kodi was previously downloaded I do not know how to get RC2 or anything else. P.S this was not meant to be a reply
No debug log no issue. Supply a proper debug log. Read the sticky post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=42708 section 3 and advanced instructions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Will Not Open0