nVidia shield shuts off when watching Kodi
Same here, I'll post a debug log if and when it happens again.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Once using the RC the nvidia "Daydream" kicked in after some time watching a movie file. This suggests to me that the Shield isn't recognizing Kodi playback as activity, at least in some scenarios. Now what happens is occasionally I'll get the screen going black for a moment, then it comes back. I've been assuming it's Daydream starting, but it recovers before it starts up properly. I'm experimenting with setting the delay lengths in Daydream set to maximum...

DT
Sorry to revive an old thread but this behavior starting happening to me and I wondered if a fix was found. Running an old nightly beta 4. Occasionally when watching a video over my network the screen will go black. I can wake my shield by pressing remote and Kofi is still open but I have to restart video.
It's still happening with 15.2 on Shield TV. Anyone looking into this? Daydream kicks in because I bet Kodi doesn't flag that it is in activity to the OS.
Just happened to me, very strange as it happened 30 minutes into the movie and I've seen longer movies with no issues (can't recall, but maybe in paused)
I don't think it's Kodi related.
Happened to me multiple times watching youtube, netflix, etc. and is still happening from time to time.
report these issues on the nvidia forum
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
there's two separate issues.

if your device is TURNING OFF, such that tapping power button it is booting completely, take that to the shield forums.

if you are talking about daydream/sleep kicking in while watching video in KODI, I think there is another thread somewhere about that. I noted some testing that showed there wasn't proper wake locks at the right points. I never saw issues in 15.x, but 16.0 I've seen oddities a few times.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia shield shuts off when watching Kodi0