Beta [Krypton] bit(ten)
(2016-11-28, 12:35)pauly3069 Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 12:08)pauly3069 Wrote:
(2016-11-27, 17:29)ZexisStryfe Wrote: Pauly,

What bugs are you running into?

Took a screen
http://imgur.com/gallery/sPARK
1. I'm seeing this text for every menu and option. Just written text that states the corresponding screen.
2. Unsure if this was on purpose but there is no continuous scroll on menu (I know there is a Kodi term for it but it escapes me) E.G. clicking up on the top menu item doesn't bring you back to the bottom

I just gave it a quick whirl so didn't discover more then that but man was I impressed with the looks and ive only just dabbled. Might give it a proper go and report back because this is my true favourite look for Kodi hence I wanted to give you the motivation to continue.
I'm a by no means a pro in creating and tweaking, but skinning and customizing is my fav feature of Kodi so I know my way around skins if that can help in testing or feature requests.

Let me know if I can assist in any way to keep your project going. Beer?

Just wanted to add on but slightly seperatley.
Main menu customization is quite challenging... I doubt many even advanced kodi users can tell you the exact path structure to their desired addon, video node, super favourites item
I'm trying to set it up and all the basic configs look great but having only 1 custom tile, and then finding it quite difficult to change for example pictures which I never use into a Super Favs category is very difficult. Feedback comes from a good place I promise Smile It looks amazing, just quite hard to work with at the moment.

1.) You can disable this in the settings (Personalize -> Debug -> Disable Debug Info)
2.) Which menu are you talking about?
3.) You should never have to put in a path manually when making tiles. You can pick from the presets or make a custom tile. If you select custom tile, then select the type (video addon, music playlist, etc) and if you click on path it should have you select the addon, playlist, etc. It will autofill the path, name, icon, etc..
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

Hey guys,

Despite having to have surgery on my eyes last month, I have been working on the Krypton release and outside of some woes with some the add-ons I have a relatively stable beta release that will be coming out soon. That said I am looking at updating several things to bring some of the newer "modern ui styles" into the skin (such as using card style in some areas). One thing I am thinking about is doing an overhaul of the home screen so that more information is available there. Would you guys like the home screen to stay how it is currently or would you like something similar to the right side of the Estuary home screen? I would definitely keep customizable tiles, however I definitely see the benefit of having more than one type of panel on the home screen.

What are your thoughts?

So I haven't gotten any thoughts one way or the other over the past week, so I have begun modifying the home screen.

There will be several more changes beyond those shown here, however you get the gist of what I am going for. Everything you see here is fully customizable. There are 9 top level menus (I got rid of number 10 so they all fit on the screen), each with 6 customizable tiles (up from 5) and 4 customizable widget panels (up from 1).

Let me know what you think!

(2017-01-14, 20:40)ZexisStryfe Wrote: So I haven't gotten any thoughts one way or the other over the past week, so I have begun modifying the home screen.

There will be several more changes beyond those shown here, however you get the gist of what I am going for. Everything you see here is fully customizable. There are 9 top level menus (I got rid of number 10 so they all fit on the screen), each with 6 customizable tiles (up from 5) and 4 customizable widget panels (up from 1).

Let me know what you think!

Looks like its coming along well! One of the personal things I use heavily and would love to see is varied widget styles. Meaning some are poster, some landscape, some list etc and can be changed.
Looking great though and can't wait to see it coming along
Alright guys, since Krypton has been released I have updated the repository to the Krypton version of the skin.

Please note- This is simply a conversion on the existing skin to Krypton. The changes I have been talking about are not integrated yet. I will let everyone know once the repository is updated with the new look for the skin.

Thanks and as always, keep the bugs reports coming!

Awesome skin and real happy it is back again. Was missing this.
Installed it last night and did all the settings to my liking.

Offcourse one question. Is it possible to change the background color of the menu?
I have the view with text listing but the text on the background is hard to read. It is good once selected.
Might be I missed the option for it.
(2017-02-14, 12:56)slommer Wrote: Awesome skin and real happy it is back again. Was missing this.
Installed it last night and did all the settings to my liking.

Offcourse one question. Is it possible to change the background color of the menu?
I have the view with text listing but the text on the background is hard to read. It is good once selected.
Might be I missed the option for it.

Thanks slommer!

Currently there isn't a setting to do what you are asking, however the next release is going to be changing up many of those views so what you see will likely change. I am also planning on adding light and dark themes, so that might help as well.

Just tried the latest version of this skin. It's fantastic.
A few tweaks here and there and it could be incredible, but right now,mainly as I use it on Arctic Zephyr, I really miss the ongoing episodes widget and tv hub entry. Is it possible to add this to your skin?
(2017-02-15, 19:32)lusephur Wrote: Just tried the latest version of this skin. It's fantastic.
A few tweaks here and there and it could be incredible, but right now,mainly as I use it on Arctic Zephyr, I really miss the ongoing episodes widget and tv hub entry. Is it possible to add this to your skin?

This what you are looking for?

If so, then the next version will have it! One thing to note though is going forward the "HUB" pages will be going away. That said, I am working to get all that info into the home screen widgets if at all possible (screenshot is the new home screen).

Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for.
Looking forward to the next release now.
(2015-07-16, 15:56)ZexisStryfe Wrote: Currently the skin only supports English.

Well, not true actually. There is a german translation which comes with the current release.
However the file "addons\skin.bit(ten)\language\German\strings.xml" uses the wrong codepage to function correctly.
If you want to view the german "Umlaute", you need to change a little bit:

Change line 1 from

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="yes"?>

to

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
(2017-06-06, 10:49)skinner99 Wrote:
(2015-07-16, 15:56)ZexisStryfe Wrote: Currently the skin only supports English.

Well, not true actually. There is a german translation which comes with the current release.
However the file "addons\skin.bit(ten)\language\German\strings.xml" uses the wrong codepage to function correctly.
If you want to view the german "Umlaute", you need to change a little bit:

Change line 1 from

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="yes"?>

to

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

You are correct, however that language file is actually a legacy file from the base skin (metroTV). It hasn't been updated with all the new labels.

Love the look of this skin, I have only had a chance to play around with if for a little bit. I plan to install it on one of my main boxes and give a thorough run through.

Request: A dark version/theme, where all of the lighter menus are black or dark grey and the opaque backdrops also go to a black or dark grey.

Great work though, love this look and the ability to add tiles for additional customization.
Alrighty Everyone,

The skin has been updated! This is a very dramatic change from the original GUI and required quite a bit of work (the skin was basically rewritten from the ground up). If you have the previous version of the skin installed I might suggest deleting the add-on data folder for Bit(ten) so that is doesn't conflict with the new GUI.

As always I want to know your thoughts and if you run into any bugs, please let me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Krypton] bit(ten)4