v14 Not Showing Complete Library
Hi i recently built a htpc running kodi 14 on windows 7. have loaded music into kodi but only showing some of the songs.
the songs are all tagged and titled.
Kodi says there is 8,000 items but will only show some of them.
Thanks in advanced.
It takes time to scrape a lot of songs, so hopefully you've waited long enough after scanning start.
How/where are you storing and accessing your music directory?
Have you scanned in your source after adding it?
How did you tag your music (what tool(s))?
Find some example missing songs and check they are fully and properly tagged.
Post DEBUG log (see wiki)
Its all about the tagging. Get hold of MP3TAG (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/) and check and clean up your tags. Especially check the ARTIST, ALBUMARTIST, ALBUM, TRACK NO are filled in.

It may take a while to clean up a big collection, but it will be worth it in the long run
Hi i have used mp3tag and every song now has artist, album song name but it is still not showing all the songs
Kodi may not have re-scanned those files unless your forced it to. It may be easiest to delete your Music.db then re-scan everything
Hi, I had the same problem. I fixed this by downgrading to Gotham 13.2.
However I tried new version Isengard but I doesn't work more... Some folders don't appear in my shared files in kody even if they are well found in windows explorer.
im still having the same problem, i have re tagged everything and tried downgrading my version of kodi however it still shows 1200 songs but says there is still 8 thousand items and have now tried it on windows 8 aswell with no luck
Maybe you should erase everything (folders and library) and add sources folder by folder. You'll be able to see which artists or albums aren't added in kodi ?
Add the folders in batches, while watching the debug log. It will give you clues as to what is failing to match up. You certainly don't need to downgrade to old versions as I use the music side of KODI a lot, often rescanning music back in, adding new items or cleaning up my library. As long as my music is following the naming rules it is usually found without troubles. Sometimes I need to do a bit of a double check in TheAudioDB.com or tweak the band or album names a bit based on Musicbrainz.org. I tend to go find my own artwork from Discogs.com, but that is just an old habit from the Winamp days.

What KODI (and any media library) doesn't like is a big flat heap of tracks all thrown into the same folder. This confuses most applications Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not Showing Complete Library0