• 2(current)
Req J* feature request thread
1.) Blur Engine

This has been asked for repeatedly. See this thread. This could be implemented several different ways- it could be as simple as adding a <blur>true</blur> tag for images and multiimages. It would be great if the engine was implemented similar to the animation engine though. The ability to allow for different types of blurs would be awesome. Gaussian, motion (linear and rotational), etc. It could be called with tags like this-

Code:
<blur effect="gaussian" radius="3"></blur>
<blur effect="motion" type="linear" direction="left" distance="10"></blur>

2.) Refresh Built-in Function

The ability to call the refresh function that is tied to control #6 in the information dialog windows in any xml. It could be done with a built-in function like Refresh(infolabel). This is especially important as of late with addons like Phil65's ExtendedInfo scripts that replace the existing informational xmls. If skinners choose to use these infos (which I do) we lose the refresh functionality and have to add an option to disable the addons info dialogs so the user can refresh their items. The ability to call this from other xmls would open up a lot of possibilities to skinners.

2.)Progress Nib Texture

The addition of a nib texture tag to the progress control so skinner can make progress bars look like this-

I am sure there are others, but those are the requests that pop into my head at the moment...
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

(2015-07-22, 16:32)ZexisStryfe Wrote: 1.) Blur Engine

This has been asked for repeatedly. See this thread. This could be implemented several different ways- it could be as simple as adding a <blur>true</blur> tag for images and multiimages. It would be great if the engine was implemented similar to the animation engine though. The ability to allow for different types of blurs would be awesome. Gaussian, motion (linear and rotational), etc. It could be called with tags like this-

Code:
<blur effect="gaussian" radius="3"></blur>
<blur effect="motion" type="linear" direction="left" distance="10"></blur>

2.) Refresh Built-in Function

The ability to call the refresh function that is tied to control #6 in the information dialog windows in any xml. It could be done with a built-in function like Refresh(infolabel). This is especially important as of late with addons like Phil65's ExtendedInfo scripts that replace the existing informational xmls. If skinners choose to use these infos (which I do) we lose the refresh functionality and have to add an option to disable the addons info dialogs so the user can refresh their items. The ability to call this from other xmls would open up a lot of possibilities to skinners.

2.)Progress Nib Texture

The addition of a nib texture tag to the progress control so skinner can make progress bars look like this-

I am sure there are others, but those are the requests that pop into my head at the moment...

Our Team member Montellese actually did some great work and added some stuff to JSON-RPC to allow refreshing media via script, so it´s not unlikely that this will get into J*.
The nib texture thingie is already possible i think by puttin a slider control on top of a progress control.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2015-07-22, 16:45)phil65 Wrote: The nib texture thingie is already possible i think by puttin a slider control on top of a progress control.

See now that is just crazy! Wink I have always tried to streamline my code as much as possible and having to do things like that makes my OCD twitch.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

Fix media sources

Make it possible to manage sources of a category (videos, music, add-ons) directly from the corresponding library view.
A hub to centrally manage all media sources would be very useful as well.

Do something worthwhile with favorites

Favorites are absolutely pointless at the moment. It's just one messy list of different content types. It's impossible to present in a nice way or offer relevant information on the items. If fixing it isn't an option, it should be removed as it makes for a bad user experience.
(2015-07-23, 12:54)toolpunk Wrote: Favorites are absolutely pointless at the moment.

mm I agree and disagree,
its correct there are messy and almost useless nowdays,but still, there are some methods that can be done only with this scripts,
for example if I want to add some specifec item to main menu\sub menu,
There are some addons that skin.shortcuts cannot "get in" and only adding to favourites and then assign it to the menu will work. [for example, the categories in the addon extendedinfo cannot be selected with skin shortcuts]
Also, most of the old skins are not using skin shortcuts, most of them using favourites to built custom menus.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Well, I wasn't aware of that. In this case it should probably be a backend only feature. Or an alternative would need to be created to allow these scripts to work. Ideally though, we'd get a useful favorites implementation, because in theory it's a great feature.
1. Would love to have the ability to stringcompare / substring two $INFO tags
Code:
StringCompare(ListItem.Property(myproperty),$INFO[SkinString(mystring)])

2. Mixing of multiple content paths
Code:
<content>plugin://somepluginpath</content>
<content>plugin://someotherpluginpath</content>
<content><item id="1">staticitemcontent</item></content>

(2015-07-21, 11:26)josch Wrote: 1. Possibility for using $INFO[$INFO[]]
2. Possibility to overwrite list items <onclick> actions on the fly

+1 for both of these.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Container(id).NumItems and Container(id).CurrentItem usage in grouplists @ http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2073436. Would like to get some feedback there.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Would like to see Info label for:
Album.Songs.Count
Artist.Albums.Count
AudioLanguage.%d

currently working with script: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=203196
but this script is not in the official repo, and the Songs\albums count not working in list, just in external label control.
Would really like native support added for extra fanart.

Would also like to see some native support for music artwork. Requiring users to enter their path to music is not intuitive and often difficult to explain to them why they need to do this when they do not need to enter the path to movies/shows.
More seem less integration of PVR with native library's would be great too, especially with recorded items. I would like to see that info get scraped as other movies/shows do to get the rich metadata they provide.
im85288, this is the skin section Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-08-13, 13:13)mkortstiege Wrote: im85288, this is the skin section Wink

I was thinking about it from a skinning perspective, but I see now these are more global kodi feature requests. Music art does though present problems in skins Smile
Add boolean condition to "DialogKeyboard.IsPassword" or something simillar.
Currently I use:
Code:
!SubString(Control.GetLabel(311),password) + !SubString(Control.GetLabel(311),$LOCALIZE[733])
Use: I want to know when the dialog contains a password, to avoid from extendedinfo script to autocomplete it.

and,
an option to colordiffuse a "thumb" inside an "item" in content list, will be awesome... (build a whole color picker with one single "white.png" texture, and remove my 100 4x4 pngs)
Code:
<item id="1">
    <thumb colordiffuse="FFd2d2d2">white.png</thumb>
    <label>FFd2d2d2</label>
</item>
(2015-08-19, 12:32)tomer953 Wrote: Add boolean condition to "DialogKeyboard.IsPassword" or something simillar.
Currently I use:
Code:
!SubString(Control.GetLabel(311),password) + !SubString(Control.GetLabel(311),$LOCALIZE[733])
Use: I want to know when the dialog contains a password, to avoid from extendedinfo script to autocomplete it.

Has been requested by @phil65 as well. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7881 adds the new info bool System.HasInputHidden.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
J* feature request thread1