• 8(current)
Req J* feature request thread
About the whole alignment of text (and other things) inside a container.

I recall from back when fiddling with html that contents could sort of "float" and fill semi-nicely even when items had different sizes, be that height or width.

I speculate the routine - for a really simple version that treats each item as a rectangle - could be something like this:
First item being drawn is placed top left and the next item to the right of this aligned to the top and right of the previous item (with a bit of space between ofcourse). This continues until the next item cannot fit width-wise on that "line". Just like it's being done today in Kodi in a regular not justified textbox I would imagine?

The tricky bit with the floating items (or words) is likely in the linebreaks.

I speculate the system simply kept track of the height (or the right-bottom corner) of these items and remembered the item that was the highest in the "line" leading up to this linebreak.
The pseudo code could probably be something like this, for beginning a new line:

If there is room width-wise to the right of the highest container, then place the first item on the new line to the right of this, and align y to be below the next-highest item to ensure that there is no overlapping. Continue the line normally from that position. Otherwise begin a completely new line below the highest item, aligning to the left of the container as usual.

Anyways. I'd like to see a "floating" panel layout I guess.. But not that much really, unless coupled with the ability to add a friggin huge first letter in a textbox Smile
How about the ability to fade a textbox when the contents change? I was thinking sort of like it does with images.. The text is generated as an image already isn't it?
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it would be great to be able to use $VAR for co-ordinates.
Currently I use conditional slide animations.

Also since we now have <oninfo> and it works great for the home screen. Any thoughts on having <oncontext>?
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2015-10-21, 22:33)Mr. V Wrote: Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it would be great to be able to use $VAR for co-ordinates.
Currently I use conditional slide animations.

Yes, requested it post 6. Was also using slide animations at the beginning of my dev. Now using a more complex cascading $PARAM to includes. This reduced the code a lot but still, not as much as using $VARs. Really would like to see this to happen but I don't think this is easy to achieve.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-10-06, 16:52)mkortstiege Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 13:05)badaas Wrote: Allow a keyboard.xml distributed with skin to override all other bindings please.
Would give much more depth to controls than having to figure hacks to jump bindings.
Users cant be expected to edit xml, more so on standalone devices like fTV/android/etc.

Allowing skins to ship their own keymaps will add yet another support burden to skinners and most likely ruin the overall experience. I think this is causing major fragmentation and other issues. IMO it's totally fine for skilled users (power users) to edit their mappings.

I understand, but it could just function like the current userdata/keyboar/keyboard.xml where it *only* overrides what is in the shipped xml. So skinner wouldn't have to edit every single key, just add the ones they want to override. But, I agree some everyday users may not be aware why suddenly their menu button is behaving differently. But then a flash screen onload would enforce that the user is aware their keymap may be changed to inclusion of said keyboard.xml. Plus [sorry longwinded!] I can only see experienced skinners only adding functions not overwriting standard functions, like the longpress now available etc.
Anyways, thanks for your reply! Big Grin
The "Edit" Control is very limited.
- <onclick> is not working - it always pop-ups the keyboard dialog.
- I did not find a way to "insert" to the control via other <onclick>
- Also I can't reset what that inside the edit control from other button
- I think "IsPassword" tag that will show '*****' while typing will be helpul for some cases.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=244187
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Possible use of <autoscroll> in Panel Container.

(2015-10-23, 11:18)Jayz2K Wrote: Possible use of <autoscroll> in Panel Container.

Uh. Will PR a fix for it later.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-10-23, 11:46)mkortstiege Wrote:
(2015-10-23, 11:18)Jayz2K Wrote: Possible use of <autoscroll> in Panel Container.

Great ... Thx Mk.
Since it was documented but maybe broken, just curious the way it works (worked). I know that Control.Move moves the last row item to first row of the same column. Same for the other axis. What I would need (but maybe not the way it has to be) is to just scroll from an item to the next one (so it also jumps column or row when reaching the end of the panel side).

(2015-10-23, 12:01)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-10-23, 11:46)mkortstiege Wrote:

Great ... Thx Mk.
Since it was documented but maybe broken, just curious the way it works (worked). I know that Control.Move moves the last row item to first row of the same column. Same for the other axis. What I would need (but maybe not the way it has to be) is to just scroll from an item to the next one (so it also jumps column or row when reaching the end of the panel side).

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...scroll.exe should be on the mirrors within 30 minutes. Would be nice if you could give it a try. The build is based on todays master (Jarvis).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-10-23, 13:00)mkortstiege Wrote: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...scroll.exe should be on the mirrors within 30 minutes. Would be nice if you could give it a try. The build is based on todays master (Jarvis).

Thanx Mk. Tested it. As I thought, it works as an automatic Control.Move(Id,1). That means it autoscrolls in the same row or column depending the orientation you set and not jumping to the next row/column item when reaching the end side of the panel (so if you have items 1 to 5 in first row, it goes to 1 after 5, not 6 if orientation is horizontal). Is this normal behavior ? If it is, then it works.

Unsure Wink I would like to hear what the others think about it.
(2015-10-23, 15:07)mkortstiege Wrote: Unsure Wink I would like to hear what the others think about it.

I think panel scroll is a sensible discussion since IMO there something missing or confusing about panel scroll/move depending from which point of view you take it Wink We already talked a lil about it there http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238998 with Hitcher. So the question is, does it increase the item number by one or the item position considering it wraps ? Not an easy one :p . Since autoscroll is mostly used during idletime, I would say the first but only my though.

Right now <autoscroll> implementation for containers just performs a move (MoveUp or MoveDown) with wrapping. I have no idea what the intended behavior is/was.
Request regarding text boxes with auto scroll disabled. Would it be possible to add "..." to the end of the visible text in a textbox, just like labels do when scroll is disabled? Thanks!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
J* feature request thread1