• 9(current)
Req J* feature request thread
(2015-10-14, 01:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: REQUEST: A way to use user selected image resource addons in a list/panel container.

Currently the image resource selector script writes the name and path of the user selected resource addon to a skin string. However, skin strings and window properties are not available inside list/panel containers. This means there is no possible way to have user selected image resources inside a container.

I think the only proper way to handle that would be if window properties and skin strings are available inside container itemlayout.
If you want I can make you a small workaround in the skinhelper script for the time beiing.
I created that little webservice to get the images from the script available inside panels but that approach can easily be used for $INFO var

EDIT: Turns out it was a quick fix --> https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...f01bf231f1
Do you mind testing it ?

Offcourse the proper implementation would be if it's fixed (if even possible) in Kodi code but for now this is a workaround
<animation type="onclick"/> for letting the user know that we registered the click. There are many times where nothing else but the click happens. And even when something obvious happens it wpuld be nice. Example: user clicks a song and all that happens is that the song begins to play. An indication on the button/song/item clicked would be nice.
(2015-10-27, 11:25)Torben Wrote: <animation type="onclick"/> for letting the user know that we registered the click. There are many times where nothing else but the click happens. And even when something obvious happens it wpuld be nice. Example: user clicks a song and all that happens is that the song begins to play. An indication on the button/song/item clicked would be nice.

Maybe just add a second onclick to the item ?
It is my understanding that it is kind of complicated to fire a single animation on, say a label inside a list, when that item in the list is clicked? I may be very very wrong though.
(2015-10-27, 13:48)Torben Wrote: It is my understanding that it is kind of complicated to fire a single animation on, say a label inside a list, when that item in the list is clicked? I may be very very wrong though.

You can set a window property and use that as trigger for your animation.
I think I like to stay with my wish for this as a skin feature request :-)
cant remember offhand if onclick has any control in a list? if so..

<control type="list" id="50">
onclick skin.reset(fire)
onclick skin.setstring(fire,1)
focusedlayout
button
onfocus skin.setstring(fire,1)
/button
animation condition="skin.string(fire,)" effect zoom 150
/image

If not then maybe other way round

<control type="list" id="50">
onup/down/left/right skin.setstring(fire,1)
focusedlayout
button
onfocus skin.setstring(fire,1)
onclick skin.reset(fire)
onclick skin.setstring(fire,1)
/button
animation condition="skin.string(fire,)" effect zoom 150
/image
Thanks again badaas. I get thw basic idea. But wont thos conditions be checked each frame whereas a true event driven animation only fires if rhe event fires? I just fear that a long list will be slowed by this. And that is not even adressing all the added buttons. A list can be a rhousand items with ease.

Id like to add that maybe it is possible today with out the added buttons using the panel oncæick event and the list item position if that can be used inside each items animation condition.
there are lots of hacks, one could be the code that runs sets the fire, so no buttons needed, ie. if a dialog onload sets fire, onunload resets it, or sets/unsets onload instantly. or whatever..
Request: Labels can have a <radius>xx</radius> tag to place text around the xx diameter.
Next Request Smile

Would be nice to have Itemgap and auto width for List or Panel Container. Now you need to hack around with Containers, Buttons, Grouplist, Animations and Visible Conditions to archive for example a Horizontal Home or Sub Menu having the same space between the Items.

Wouldn't be easier to handle List Containers similar to Grouplists ?

Thanx

Here a screenshot of the Horizontal Sub Menu using a Grouplist for the Labels, Hidden Container and animations / visible Conditions for Navigation and Set Focus:

Can we have the possibility added to format the Start and EndTime ie ListItem.EndTime in a similar way we can do with other time labels such as
Code:
Player.FinishTime(format)
(2015-11-04, 22:54)butchabay Wrote: Would be nice to have Itemgap and auto width for List or Panel Container. Now you need to hack around with Containers, Buttons, Grouplist, Animations and Visible Conditions to archive for example a Horizontal Home or Sub Menu having the same space between the Items.

Wouldn't be easier to handle List Containers similar to Grouplists ?

+100

Following on from this, perhaps different itemlayouts on a per item basis might be easier to implement than auto sized itemlayouts...
For example:
PHP Code:
<itemlayout condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(poster))" width="200" height="300">
    <include>
PosterLayout</include>
</
itemlayout>
<
itemlayout condition="IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(poster)) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))" width="533" height="300">
    <include>
LandscapeLayout</include>
</
itemlayout>
<
itemlayout condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(poster)) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))" width="300" height="300">
    <include>
SquareFallbackLayout</include>
</
itemlayout
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
SendClick(container,position) or current item if no position. Seems to only work for buttons atm. Thanks
Would be nice to have an extra infolabel (or property) for genre that returns only the topmost genre. E.g:

listitem.genre: Action / Adventure / Thriller
listitem.maingenre: Action
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
J* feature request thread1