Tile selection
Hi - absolutely love this skin, thanks to the developers and for everyone that has contributed to it!

I have a question that hopefully someone on here can answer: is there a way to change which tile will be selected when pressing down on my controller, e.g when the TV Shows section is highlighted and a press down the top left hand corner tile is the default tile to be selected. I would like my default tile to be the middle tile if possible?

If this is possible then the following may also be possible: when opening up a tv shows / a particular TV series / list of video addons, etc the default selection is the 'back' arrow. Would it be possible to change this so the first TV series / episode / addon would be highlighted as default instead?

I appreciate any help that is provided. Thanks in advance!
(2015-07-18, 02:09)Alth79 Wrote: Hi - absolutely love this skin, thanks to the developers and for everyone that has contributed to it!

I have a question that hopefully someone on here can answer: is there a way to change which tile will be selected when pressing down on my controller, e.g when the TV Shows section is highlighted and a press down the top left hand corner tile is the default tile to be selected. I would like my default tile to be the middle tile if possible?

If this is possible then the following may also be possible: when opening up a tv shows / a particular TV series / list of video addons, etc the default selection is the 'back' arrow. Would it be possible to change this so the first TV series / episode / addon would be highlighted as default instead?

I appreciate any help that is provided. Thanks in advance!

Possible, you'll need to edit <ondown>201</ondown> to <ondown>2021</ondown> for films, for example, in Includes_Home.xml.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Thanks for the fast response - much appreciated! Will both requests be possible to change?
(2015-07-18, 03:16)Alth79 Wrote: Thanks for the fast response - much appreciated! Will both requests be possible to change?

I don't understand your second question.

I think he means that when you click on lets say a tv show and are presented with the list view, the first line is the "go to parent directory" button. As I understand it he wants the default selection to be the second list item which would then be Episode 1 of the given TV show/season.

But there are already two fixes I can think of without manually altering any skin file. 1. just disable the "parent directory" button in the appearance settings. It isn't always necessary to have it, because every remote I have seen so far has a back button that in most cases does pretty much the same thing. Or secondly a little option I just discovered recently. You can have the first unwatched episode selected by default. You find this option in Video > Library. But I don't know if this also affects the addon lists.
(2015-07-18, 18:41)Doc.Ex Wrote: But there are already two fixes I can think of without manually altering any skin file. 1. just disable the "parent directory" button in the appearance settings. It isn't always necessary to have it, because every remote I have seen so far has a back button that in most cases does pretty much the same thing. Or secondly a little option I just discovered recently. You can have the first unwatched episode selected by default. You find this option in Video > Library. But I don't know if this also affects the addon lists.

That's what I would have written. ^ is the answer.

Brilliant thanks guys! Really appreciate it!

I have removed the parent directory button and have also managed to change the default tile for movies (middle tile) but can't get it to work for applications (would like to set this as the third tile on the top row) or the home screen (ongoing TV shows tile) - any help you can give on that would be great. On the TV shows heading is it possible to change the default tile to be the top right?

One final question - would it be possible to have an 'ongoing TV shows' widget (like the one in home screen) on the TV shows screen? I have tried to create a playlist but this shows any unwatched episodes and not the next unwatched.

Cheers again!
(2015-07-18, 20:52)Alth79 Wrote: Brilliant thanks guys! Really appreciate it!

I have removed the parent directory button and have also managed to change the default tile for movies (middle tile) but can't get it to work for applications (would like to set this as the third tile on the top row) or the home screen (ongoing TV shows tile) - any help you can give on that would be great. On the TV shows heading is it possible to change the default tile to be the top right?

One final question - would it be possible to have an 'ongoing TV shows' widget (like the one in home screen) on the TV shows screen? I have tried to create a playlist but this shows any unwatched episodes and not the next unwatched.

Cheers again!

1) The Applications section is 600, 601 is the ID for tiles. Why do you want it to go to the third tile? Why not just set the first tile as custom?

2) You can change all the default tiles, press backspace on them or do it in Skin Settings

3) Actually a good idea, will consider it Smile

If I set the first time as custom I would then need to re-setup the tile that I removed including its image to another location and I'm not sure how I would do that - also it would change the look of that page because my images for the custom tiles are not of the same style as the preset tiles and it wouldn't look as nice. The third tile is the first of my custom tiles. Tried 6021, 6031, 603 (just guessing at things) but none work - I can't even move down to the tiles with these settings changed.

When I say change the default tile in TV shows I actually mean that I would like the top right tile to be selected first when moving down from the heading - can this be done?

If you could look into that ongoing TV show widget on TV shows heading that really would be great!

If I make these changes and the skin is updated will I lose my changes?
(2015-07-18, 21:36)Alth79 Wrote: If I set the first time as custom I would then need to re-setup the tile that I removed including its image to another location and I'm not sure how I would do that - also it would change the look of that page because my images for the custom tiles are not of the same style as the preset tiles and it wouldn't look as nice. The third tile is the first of my custom tiles. Tried 6021, 6031, 603 (just guessing at things) but none work - I can't even move down to the tiles with these settings changed.

When I say change the default tile in TV shows I actually mean that I would like the top right tile to be selected first when moving down from the heading - can this be done?

If you could look into that ongoing TV show widget on TV shows heading that really would be great!

If I make these changes and the skin is updated will I lose my changes?

1) There is no 602 etc, it doesn't work like that. What you want can be done, but it's a lot of work for no valid reason I can see.

2) Change the ondown of 325 to 303

Thanks - everything's sorted now cheers
First I just want to say that this skin is amazing. I have looked so long for something clean like this. I am having one small issue though.

I cannot seem to get the "Ongoing TV Shows" widget to populate.

I've got 2 content locations one is TV Shows and the other is Movies. The Spotlight widget gets populated.
(2015-07-29, 22:46)okamitok Wrote: First I just want to say that this skin is amazing. I have looked so long for something clean like this. I am having one small issue though.

I cannot seem to get the "Ongoing TV Shows" widget to populate.

I've got 2 content locations one is TV Shows and the other is Movies. The Spotlight widget gets populated.

It'll populate based on television series you're currently watching, if you don't have any then there's nothing to display - you can change the content of that widget. Settings -> Skin Settings -> Home

Hello again Piers, I hope you may be able to help. I have a VPN switch addon as part of my kodi set up and am a massive fan of your skin so am hoping that I can get the two working in perfect harmony! The VPN switch uses 'folder path' as the trigger to connect / disconnect the VPN (via batch file). I have set the VPN to connect when a particular addon has been selected - I open my addons from the home screen widgets. The VPN connects fine. When I exit the addon the VPN does not disconnect as programmed as the main home screen does not have a 'folder path'. Is this something that yourself or I could add to the skin to enable the VPN switch addon to disconnect when the home screen 'folder path' is accessed?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
(2015-08-16, 01:09)Alth79 Wrote: Hello again Piers, I hope you may be able to help. I have a VPN switch addon as part of my kodi set up and am a massive fan of your skin so am hoping that I can get the two working in perfect harmony! The VPN switch uses 'folder path' as the trigger to connect / disconnect the VPN (via batch file). I have set the VPN to connect when a particular addon has been selected - I open my addons from the home screen widgets. The VPN connects fine. When I exit the addon the VPN does not disconnect as programmed as the main home screen does not have a 'folder path'. Is this something that yourself or I could add to the skin to enable the VPN switch addon to disconnect when the home screen 'folder path' is accessed?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Can you explain it more detail? Which add-on? is the library content coming from your VPN add-on? I'm confused.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tile selection0