Bypass KODI start
This may sound like a silly question but how to I gain access to Ubuntu that is running Kodibuntu ?

I try exit on menu and it freezes so is there a way I can hold down a key or press something to get to ubuntu ?

Big Grin
Not sure if it helps but the only time I have a crash when exiting to the desktop is when it's attempting to update the library.

Try disabling update library on start and exit after a reboot.
There is a difference between a crash and a freeze.

(2015-07-18, 19:39)silhouett Wrote: This may sound like a silly question but how to I gain access to Ubuntu that is running Kodibuntu ?

I try exit on menu and it freezes so is there a way I can hold down a key or press something to get to ubuntu ?

Big Grin

No...this is the normal way to enter Kodibuntu. Exit via the menu and then choose another session like I explained here: Kodibuntu (wiki)

So, if this doesn't work, we need different kinds of a Debug Log

First we need a normal Debug Log

at the next, we might need the old Debug Log which is stored under: ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.old.log

So for the first...boot up your machine, enable debug logging in system settings and reboot again (that's important!!). Then (after the reboot) try to exit Kodi via the menu (we want to reproduce your issue). If it freezes, try to check if you still are able to SSH (wiki) in. If yes, do:

Code:
pastebinit ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

and get us the URL you will see after that command.

If you are not able to SSH in, then please do whatever you did to bring your Kodi up again (hard power off or something else). DIRECTLY after the next boot, do nothing else than SSH in. It has to be directly the next boot up, as we need now the "old" log, For explanation....there are always two logfiles. One from the session you run now and one from the last one. If your system freezes and you can't get a logfile anymore, you are still able to get the old log, to see, what might be wrong.

So when your are SSHd in please get us the old log:

Code:
pastebinit ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.old.log

and provide the URL again.

Mostly it's an addon which causes the freeze. Sometimes it's the version check addon...but we will see.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bypass KODI start0