Nexus player with M Preview 720p green across top
I am running Kodi on the nexus player. I recently upgraded to the Android M preview. Whenever I play 720p video a portion of the top screen is green. It is not green when i play 1080p. This did not occur prior to upgrading to Android M Preview. Does anyone know what could cause the green section across the top?

I can play 720p videos with other apps just fine.
Same here.
This didn't appear in the first M preview however, so I guess google might've changed something.

As a workaround I disabled hardware acceleration in settings-videos-acceleration (libstagefright and mediacodec).
That does however make the video playback much less smooth, but I have only tried some 720p videos.
if that's an issue for you why don't you flash back to official firmware? it's a preview/beta for a reason....
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
(2015-07-19, 21:03)Hannes The Hun Wrote: if that's an issue for you why don't you flash back to official firmware? it's a preview/beta for a reason....

Yeah, I know, and I probably will. Smile
However, the fact that it's a preview doesn't mean one can't discuss possible problems and workarounds in a forum. I'm not shouting for a fix or anything.
Also, problems that appear in a preview may also be a problem in the final release, which might be of interest to the kodi developers.

See it as a heads-up if you will Smile
As I'm writing this I realize that a new issue in the bugtracker might've been the way to go. (If kodi even accepts issues running on preview software that is)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus player with M Preview 720p green across top0