Bug Timeshift buffer path can't be set for using an existing folder
Question 
Dear all,

despite the fact that I used the search function and Google intensively, I haven't found an answer to my question yet: how can I specify the Timeshift buffer path for the DVBViewer Addon (PVR-Client), using an existing folder (shared network path/directory)Huh

I am using Kodi 15.0 Isengard with DVBViewer Client 1.9.24, DVBViewer Pro Recording Service 1.31.0.0 Beta (works properly, Win 7 Pro 64 SP1, TechniSat CableStar Combo HD CI, AzureWave Driver DTV USB TV-Box 7070).

Under "Settings > Advanced" one can enter a Timeshift buffer path, double click on the text "special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.dvbviewer". But this does not offer folders or directories for selecting one. Instead, you can create a new folder manually, but not every path will be accepted as expected:

1st example: D:\Users\Public\TVTimeShift
2nd example: \\<Computername>\Public\TVTimeShift (means an existing shared network directory/path)

The error message Pops up: <translated from German> "This path can't be created! Please ensure that the selected folder is not write-protected and the new path name is valid".

Please see also: GitHub PVR DVBViewer for Kodi Issue 3.

Please correct this bug as soon as possible..

In this case, the Addon "DVBViewer" for Kodi (PVR-Client) determines the time shift handling, especially the path to store the temporary time shift file. Meanwhile [as an alternative or workaround]: I'd like to use an existing path (shared network path/directory) on the local hard drive, which I have created for this purpose. How has the coding within the settings.xml to look like, for setting a path manually. Huh I tried several variants, but they didn't work.

Many thanks in advance, and kind regards,
JoePeters

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeshift buffer path can't be set for using an existing folder0