NFS issues
Hi all,

just installed Kodi on my Nexus 10 tablet and it's absolutely awsome! Well Done to get it on the App Store :-)

The issue I'm experiencing is that my backend is running on FreeBSD, and I'm trying to add the mounts via the NFS option. Of course using this with Linux clients and Kodi is a piece of cake as I just mount the 'exports' into a local mountpoint and don't need the Kodi NFS option at all.

I have gone through this guide: http://kodi.wiki/view/NFS

so I entered the export into Kodi:

Code:
nfs://<ip>/<export>

and the result is this:

Code:
mount request from <ip> for non existent path �����^?

The export does contain a mixture of capital and non-capital letters and also an underscore but that shouldn't affect things, should it?

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?

It either seems to be a locale issue (UTF-8 or C, ANSI??) or something else.....

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
A very quick update. On my other FreeBSD server it worked fine, the version being 8.4; what isn't working is on 10.1.

The difference is as follows:

Working FreeBSD 8.4:

Code:
nfs_server_flags="-a -t -n 4"
mountd_flags="-r -n"

Not working FreeBSD 10.1:

Code:
mountd_flags="-r -n -h <ip>"
nfs_server_flags="-t -n 4 -h <ip>"

I have had to use the options in these ways due to the way the servers are setup! I will try omitting the "-h" option in 10.1 and see what happens....
Again not working??

Claiming:

Code:
mount request from <IP> for non existent path /path/to/folder

Hmm.... it could be the underscore in the parent directory which KODI isn't liking....... if it is working on another almost identical system.
I connect to my synology back end thru webdav. That works seamlessly. I can even take the box to another house or to a hotel and can stream off my nas in my house.
No nfs needed
Hmm... thanks for the pointer; now I will need to build webdav into my server :-)
Ok fixed :-)

Seems like I needed to type the mount path in manually rather then allowing the GUI options to take over.
(2015-07-19, 20:32)JohnnySSH Wrote: Hmm... thanks for the pointer; now I will need to build webdav into my server :-)

Do it. You wont regret.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS issues0