Remote not behaving as expected in Kodibuntu
Just rebuilt a box with Kodibuntu after loosing patience with Windows but my remote isn't working as it should and I'm hoping someone can help...?

PC is AMD A8

From powerdown to loading Kodi, all is good, remote functions as expected. (Harmony with MS Extender Profile, HP MCE receiver).

I can use the PwrToggle button to suspend the machine no problem.
I cannot however wake from suspend (was able to do this in Win/Kodi)
If I press the power button on the PC to wake, that is fine but the remote doesn't have any affect at all. I can see the led in the receiver registering the keypresses but no commands seem to be getting to Kodi.

So can anyone help with:
1) Waking from suspend with remote
2) Remote functioning after suspend
(I suspect they may be connected and remote functionality is lost on sleep and never regained.)

Any help gratefully recieved, no sleep/remote will not go down well with family!!
Did you tried another usb port... just an idea as i read some port doesn't handle wake from usb (even if i understood it was working with your previous setup).
Also you could maybe try another profile : Microsoft media player PC.
Thanks, I did try moving ports, same result with alternate USB2 ports, doesn't work at all for USB3 ports.

I have a few profiles on the harmony, most work for navigation but only that for power down (as per this article - https://www.happyassassin.net/2014/07/22...ing-piece/ )

I can possible get by on the resume from remote thing but no way can I deal with no remote on resume. Esp when it worked in windows no problem,

Thanks for the input Smile
Just to be clear, this is exact same hardware, nothing new, no bios changes, has woken from standby by IR for over a year with windows.
No idea. I use that profile under openelec with a standard rc6 mce remote without a glitch. Waking up included.
I'll try an Openelc live then, see if there's something going on there.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote not behaving as expected in Kodibuntu0