Movies and TV shows keep crashing and won't buffer on fire stick.
I have been running Kodi on my Fire Stick for a couple months now. At first it was the Internet.
So we switched from DSL to cable internet. Then we still had some buffering issues. So I added
The maintenance tool and did the zero cache xml and that worked for a week. Now I can't get past
10-30 min in a movie and it crashes. TV shows crash as well. Anyone have any other ideas
That would help. I'm so ready to throw it in the trash. So far it's not worth my money or frustration.

All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advanced.
It crashes because you use the "zero cache" setting. That's why settings like that are tucked away in an xml file instead of being editable from within Kodi, and why add-ons (like the craptastic maintenance tool) that allow you to enable "zero cache" without any warning are a really bad idea.

Undo the "zero cache" setting, or better yet, use the file browser (wiki) to delete the advancedsettings.xml file from the userdata folder (wiki). Then restart Kodi.

If something is buffering, especially from over the internet, then it's not a problem you can fix on your end. A server or something is slow on the other side of the connection, and no amount of settings will speed things up. It's what you should expect if you are using bootlet/pirate streaming add-ons that host rotating links on slow file locker websites. Don't expect stolen goods to preform well. Kodi wasn't even designed for that kind of thing.
IMO Ethernet is always better for kodi. I understand it can't be done on fire stick but i had the same problem on fire tv. I hooked it up Ethernet. Fix my problem for kodi. Of course when you stream from amazon nothing is going to buffer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies and TV shows keep crashing and won't buffer on fire stick.0