v15 GUI freeze when accessing EPG
(2015-07-21, 13:07)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 12:20)ichkriegediekri Wrote: I do not see any debug entry pointing to a renderer freeze, the log just ends with something related to PVR.

this is why I asked for a time. you could also press some button on the keyboard when that happens, then we can identify the section of interest in the log.
Ah OK I will do that tonight.

The logs where pulled via ftp directly after the freeze (file was already selected), so the error should be in the last 10-20s.
(2015-07-21, 13:07)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 12:20)ichkriegediekri Wrote: I do not see any debug entry pointing to a renderer freeze, the log just ends with something related to PVR.

this is why I asked for a time. you could also press some button on the keyboard when that happens, then we can identify the section of interest in the log.

Hi

Ok I did reproduce the GUI freeze 3 times now. I will post the shortest complete debug log for the time being.

In all 3 error logs I have the following line appear at the time of the GUI freeze:

Code:
CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer

Link to log: http://pastebin.com/PKVfa95e - The freeze occurred at 22:29:04 to 22:29:07.

To reproduce:
Enter EPG - best while watching Live TV

Symptoms:
  • Kodi GUI will freeze without showing EPG - will freeze a video frame or at the Kodi background wallpaper.
  • If LiveTV was playing audio will continue.
  • I just discovered that if waited long enough (20-30 minutes) GUI will be "back". However cannot be navigated through IP control nor can be switched back to the playing video (even if audio is still running)

Summary what I can say about this bug retrospectively (after brainstorming with my wife):
  • It first appeared in my Windows machine with version 15 beta 2 or RC1 using Mediaportal PVR plugin - GUI freeze happened very rarely. So it most likely not related to VNSI plugin.
  • It happens a lot more often now with RC2 on my machine running Kodibuntu with VDR backend (at least once every 15 minutes)
  • Changed skin to confluence to no avail
  • Changed rendering method from Auto to the 3 other settings to no avail

Edit:

Could this be related: 225667 (thread)
OK now that 15 is official I will report back if the situation has improved
What exactly do you mean by "accessing EPG"? Do you mean you open program guide view? If so this in not related to vnsi. In particular the grid control is not implemented very good and eats lot of resources. It may even update a couple of hundred or thousand entries when a single epg entry is updated by request of a backend.
(2015-07-22, 15:38)FernetMenta Wrote: What exactly do you mean by "accessing EPG"? Do you mean you open program guide view? If so this in not related to vnsi. In particular the grid control is not implemented very good and eats lot of resources. It may even update a couple of hundred or thousand entries when a single epg entry is updated by request of a backend.
Yes.

The GUI always freezes when I press "EPG" button without showing the EPG.
Mostly it freezes when video/live TV is playing but can also freeze when nothing is playing - I.e. directly after kodi started up, EPG data has been completely loaded, press "EPG" and it freezes.
Where can we move this thread so that it doesn't get lost if it is not related to VNSI?
please open a new thread in main pvr section: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167
OK, will do that if the issue persists with the final.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GUI freeze when accessing EPG0