Req Possibility to add to library strm of music files.
Music 
Hello!

Hi hope this is a good suggestion, because there are people who have their mp3, flac, etc (ripped from their cds, purchased online or free music) stored on their cloud and don´t have a nas or enough disks, or just don´t want a bunch of hardrives on the side of the tv and there is now some addons who make it possible to add strm files of their content on the libraries, it works for videos, so why shouldn´t it work for music?

I asked some people who know a bit about kodi and they told me that that is not possible to do becouse of the metatags or nfo files or something like that come with the strm file... i got curious and there is nfo and metatags on audio files (i hope im not saying nothing stupid) but it is not possible to use it because of kodi structure and how it is made.

So im hoping im not proposing something that is not possible to do, if so i apologize for my tech ignorance.

But i would really love to have this possibility and feature on kodi, to be able to add to the library strm files of music files.

Becouse some off us don´t have the skills to work with a proper nas or the money to purchase all of its parts, so we bypass that with a mere cloud service.

Thanks Smile
Anyone? Nobody listens to music with Kodi?
can someone tell me if this is now possible with jarvis? Thanks in advance!
I don't think so, but you may just want to test that.
I really thank you for your reply Razze...

I know (or i think) that strm files in videos are scrapped because of the name...

Why not music? it could also be scrapped by name... for example, i could rename all my mp3 albums to be Artist - Album - 01 name... etc so it could scrape my strm files and not only by metadata.

Because has i mentioned i would like to use some addons like gdrive or abelhas wich create streamfiles to add to the library... with videos works great... but unfortunately not for music... i tested it and did not work, wasnt able to scrape the music on the strm file... and with jarvis music started to be a good part of it´s development why not consider this option too.

I think more people would benefit from this feature

Thanks Smile
I've also been wanting this feature for a while. Sadly, music doesn't get much attention in Kodi. There is some discussion on this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=249493 about improving music scraping, I would suggest making some noise there.
Thanks for both replies... i think have found a solution for that.

Because i have 10T on google drive and i would like to use a bit of space for music.

I read an article about a program for windows and mac... and i tested it on my windows pc http://www.netdrive.net/

so i added with the program a network drive linked to my google drive account... and guess what... it worked like a charm... kodi (jarvis) recognized the drive and i added as a source and scrapped and played my mp3.

Yeah... but still is not fit for me because i don´t use kodi on the pc but on the pi...

I use it with a portuguese distro called pipplware... wich as raspbian, kodi and retro pi and emulation station... a very complete distro with multiple functionalities...

and then i bumped into this: http://gdfuse.forge.ocamlcore.org/

I think this should do the trick, but i have not tested it because im not from IT and i do not know how to work properly with linux based distros.

I think this should allow to add the google drive folders as a source on kodi on the pi, similar to netdrive and add the folder as a source... i ignore if is that the case... and if it will have issues with space on the pi... im going to try to this now... in a a few hours ill reply, becouse im less then a noob... i will try this and ill give you my feedback.
Hello i had a little help from a dev to do this

I used the script of the last post of the link above and really worked, but after the reboot i had to do it again, the dev made me add a code line on the pi on specific file to make the drive permanent but i haven´t made it yet because it was not working the command because it is an exquisite code language, and i hope he can help me again.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...e&start=25

Im a pain in the ass of people but i hope the info could be shared to everyone.
talking to myself?

So will this be possible? now i would like to export my library from experimental google music addon to my kodi library!

better than google drive i suppose... i wonder how much terabytes does google play music supports.
Current setup: SONY XG8096
Previous setup: Mecool KM9 PRO - Kodi Leia 18.5 | xiaomi mibox 3 - kodi Leia 18.3 | MXIII - Some Kodi version - LibreELEC | Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 - Pipplware - LibreELEC
(2019-07-25, 02:54)Norin_Radd Wrote: now i would like to export my library from experimental google music addon to my kodi library!
If you moved your music files off Google Cloud and saved them locally, then there is no problem adding them to Kodi. Firstly you have to ensure that the tagging inside the music files are correct as the music library requires tags.

Maybe this guide might help... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library

If I have misunderstood what you are trying to do, let me know.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-07-25, 03:02)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-07-25, 02:54)Norin_Radd Wrote: now i would like to export my library from experimental google music addon to my kodi library!
If you moved your music files off Google Cloud and saved them locally, then there is no problem adding them to Kodi. Firstly you have to ensure that the tagging inside the music files are correct as the music library requires tags.

Maybe this guide might help... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library

If I have misunderstood what you are trying to do, let me know. 

Thanks for the reply, i know how to setup the music library.

i just would like to have the possibility, similar to movies, to export music from google music addon, or spotify, or bandcamp, or tidal, and etc. to kodi music library database, i no longer use google drive addon or any other cloud service, but i think the coding for exporting the stream file of mp3, wave, flac, etc. for kodi music database/library is similar for all streaming services and cloud services (regarding music files).

forgive me if i have explained myself wrong, i hope this time i have explained myself so the functionality i thought off is properly suggested. 

this is a feature request that i think could enrich kodi even further.
Current setup: SONY XG8096
Previous setup: Mecool KM9 PRO - Kodi Leia 18.5 | xiaomi mibox 3 - kodi Leia 18.3 | MXIII - Some Kodi version - LibreELEC | Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 - Pipplware - LibreELEC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possibility to add to library strm of music files.0