• 2(current)
Release HGTV Canada Video Addon - Canada Only
(2015-07-22, 16:40)gambitz Wrote: Interesting... I verified my shows (Canada's HandyMan Challenge, Holmes, etc) on browser, they have captions. But NOT on Kodi...

I checked Home Factory and Beach Flip on Kodi. They have subtitles working. I don't understand what is the difference?

Again, give me a specific show, season and episode to look into. I suspect the captions format is different and not being processed correctly for some shows.
Sorry for not being clear; it doesn't have anything to do with the subtitle issue Gambitz raised.

Gambitz was referring to a screenshot with all Shaw Connect networks, I just took one step further with the web page that points to the full episodes. Thought I'd be helpful with what he was describing.
W Network reference was just in reference to couple other folks' requests for add-ons.

I apologize if that was upsetting.

(2015-07-22, 16:39)learningit Wrote:
(2015-07-22, 16:17)springroll Wrote: One page view of what full episodes are hosted by Shaw's television networks (Food Network Canada, Lifetime, Global, HGTV Canada..etc) and the direct links

As for W Network, it belongs to Corus; unfortunately, it doesn't have a page like Shaw does. This page lists the television networks it owns and their respectively websites. A few I checked have full episodes: W Network, ABC Spark

What does this have to do with getting subtitles working for gambitz?
(2015-07-22, 16:43)learningit Wrote: Again, give me a specific show, season and episode to look into. I suspect the captions format is different and not being processed correctly for some shows.

I tried a bunch of episodes.. It all does not work. But to be specific.

-Canada Handyman Challenge S03 E03 (Toronto) - No subtitles.

-Bryk House = S01 E14 - No subtitles
(2015-07-22, 16:56)gambitz Wrote:
(2015-07-22, 16:43)learningit Wrote: Again, give me a specific show, season and episode to look into. I suspect the captions format is different and not being processed correctly for some shows.

I tried a bunch of episodes.. It all does not work. But to be specific.

-Canada Handyman Challenge S03 E03 (Toronto) - No subtitles.

-Bryk House = S01 E14 - No subtitles

I had a look. The subtitle stuff for some Canadian shows is beyond messy. The subtitle file is not always returned in the metadata and on top of that they alternate between 3 or 4 different formats.
The format issue isn't a problem, the subtitle file not in the metadata is a real pain. It seems that this is in some sort of "legacy" mode for older or Canada only videos and you have to go through a number of lookups if the subtitle file isn't in the first metadata returned. That causes an additional problem in that those lookups require a proxy if one is not in Canada. This is something I'll look into when I have free time, which isn't now. I think the newer shows should be ok, but I may be wrong.

Whoever setup the Canadian data was very inconsistent with the main website data.
Thank you for looking into this. That is too bad for Canadians. Grrr.
At least now you know why; and knowing that Learningit did what he could with it. Blush

(2015-07-23, 15:59)gambitz Wrote: Thank you for looking into this. That is too bad for Canadians. Grrr.
Thanks again for the great plugins!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
V1.0.3 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.hgtv.canada

Fixes some unicode issues.
I gave this addon to my mother as she has a hard time finding a lot of the shows she loves. She called me and told me that many of the shows are empty. Is this a bug, or are they listed even though no episodes are available on the website. I won't be able to grab a log until I am able to get over to the folks' house, but I thought it would be worth asking.
(2015-07-29, 17:29)dkplayaclub Wrote: I gave this addon to my mother as she has a hard time finding a lot of the shows she loves. She called me and told me that many of the shows are empty. Is this a bug, or are they listed even though no episodes are available on the website. I won't be able to grab a log until I am able to get over to the folks' house, but I thought it would be worth asking.

Unfortunately, that's how the addon works. The full episodes page returns several shows which actually do not have full episodes. It would really slow down the addon if I were to check each show for full episode videos rather than rely on the full episode listing.

You should check to make sure you have the latest version there were some shows which had unicode errors which are now playable.
This is a great add-on...thanks a bunch!

Big Grin
Fantastic Addon, my wife is loving this.

One question for the group though, the show Real Potential is one she really wants but the folder seems to be empty. Anyone else having this issue? Any input on when episodes could be added?

Also, who is the dev for this addon. I love would to donate.
(2015-09-05, 20:12)golffanatik Wrote: One question for the group though, the show Real Potential is one she really wants but the folder seems to be empty. Anyone else having this issue? Any input on when episodes could be added?

Also, who is the dev for this addon. I love would to donate.
Unfortunately there are no full episodes for Real Potential. The only videos are short clips which are here:
http://www.hgtv.ca/realpotential/video/#...tial/video

I only pickup the full episodes in the addon.

I do not accept donations, this is a hobby for me. You can add to my reputation if you're so inclined by clicking on "Thank User"

Check out my other addons at:

http://addons.kodi.tv/author/t1m/
Just wanted to say I love your add on, it's great, we use it all the time.

I have a request to add the "full episodes" to the menu to allow me to view older seasons.

Here is a url example,

Currently the add on appears to pulls the content here: http://www.hgtv.ca/video/#leaveittobryan/video

If we click further through we get: http://www.hgtv.ca/video/#leaveittobryan...llepisodes

Allowing me to select seasons: http://www.hgtv.ca/video/#leaveittobryan...es/season1

If this is at all possible it would be amazing to add this functionality!

Thank you again for this great add on!
V1.0.5 in my git and t1m repo:

Fixes the issue mentioned in the following post:
2172493 (post)

Has already been pulled into the kodi.org repo, should be available in a day or two.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HGTV Canada Video Addon - Canada Only0