• 3(current)
Release HGTV Canada Video Addon - Canada Only
Hi Learningit - I'm just curious; what criteria do you use to decide if something goes into your V1 repo versus your V2 repo? My assumption is that if you completely re-write something, it goes into V2, is that right?

(2015-11-29, 21:28)learningit Wrote: V1.0.5 in my git and t1m repo:

Fixes the issue mentioned in the following post:
2172493 (post)

Has already been pulled into the kodi.org repo, should be available in a day or two.
This add-on has so much more than the regular HGTV app, it's fantastic. I'm having trouble integrating it with xbmc.mylibrary though. Usually, something like this would work (as it does with the main HGTV app):

<HGTVCanada path="plugin.video.hgtv.canada" recursive="true" suffix=" [Add-On]" force_tvdb="true" type="episodes" >
<subfolder name="Property Brothers" />
<subfolder name="Income Property" />
<subfolder name="Extreme Homes" />
<subfolder name="Fixer Upper" />
<subfolder name="The High Low Project" />
<subfolder name="House Hunters: Renovation" />
<subfolder name="House Hunters" />
<subfolder name="Tiny House Hunters" />
<subfolder name="You Live in What?" />
<subfolder name="Property Virgins" />
<subfolder name="Tiny House Big Living" />
</HGTVCanada>

But that doesn't seem to work here - as if it's an invalid folder structure. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong, if there's a special way to access the directory, or if it's just not possible?
(2015-12-06, 01:28)wickemu Wrote: This add-on has so much more than the regular HGTV app, it's fantastic. I'm having trouble integrating it with xbmc.mylibrary though. Usually, something like this would work (as it does with the main HGTV app):

<HGTVCanada path="plugin.video.hgtv.canada" recursive="true" suffix=" [Add-On]" force_tvdb="true" type="episodes" >
<subfolder name="Property Brothers" />
<subfolder name="Income Property" />
<subfolder name="Extreme Homes" />
<subfolder name="Fixer Upper" />
<subfolder name="The High Low Project" />
<subfolder name="House Hunters: Renovation" />
<subfolder name="House Hunters" />
<subfolder name="Tiny House Hunters" />
<subfolder name="You Live in What?" />
<subfolder name="Property Virgins" />
<subfolder name="Tiny House Big Living" />
</HGTVCanada>

But that doesn't seem to work here - as if it's an invalid folder structure. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong, if there's a special way to access the directory, or if it's just not possible?
I've never used xbmc.mylibrary, so I can't help you. I can say that all my addons will be able to load and manage their content into the library fairly soon. As a matter of fact the addons will have the option to be headless and the interface will be totally through the library. I've been working on it a while, but I need to restructure all my addons to use a set of common library functions which I'm doing slowly - I think about 9 out of 46 are done.

If force_tvdb does what I think it does, it's not a good idea with most of my addons - I would have used a scraper long ago for meta, but because the airing order differs for different countries, you end up with different episode numbers for the same show depending on where you source the metadata. That's why I use the website metadata where I can. The HGTV addon has some of those problems, my tubitv addon - particularly for the different Gerry Anderson series is totally screwed up using tvdb or imdb. I try really hard to fill as much correct metadata and subtitle support as I can in the addons.
(2015-12-06, 02:29)learningit Wrote: I've never used xbmc.mylibrary, so I can't help you. I can say that all my addons will be able to load and manage their content into the library fairly soon. As a matter of fact the addons will have the option to be headless and the interface will be totally through the library. I've been working on it a while, but I need to restructure all my addons to use a set of common library functions which I'm doing slowly - I think about 9 out of 46 are done.

That sounds fantastic! I can be patient and go through the add-on until then. Thanks!!
Can someone please help. I'm new to the whole firestick. That being said, I do have Kodi, and all that on here. I was told I had everything, and was set to auto update. I think I was lied to, but we can talk about that later. I wanted HGTV, so was told to get the add on for it, which I did. It has 13 episodes from 2013 & 2014. Tell me I'm missing something here right? I'm sorry as I'm sur you have went over this a million times with others, but can you help me? I want HGTV !

Also, is there a way for me to watch CNN? It is listed and pulls up in my Ivue guide, but when I go to click on it, I get a stalker error. Is there some way I can watch CNN? I'm new to this thread, so I'm sorry if this is out of context. I don't know how this works. I appreciate your time and help with these issues.

Another issue I'm having is trying to watch movies. They say they are there, then when I pull it up and click to watch, some tv show loads.
(2015-12-30, 07:31)Chilcote1984 Wrote: Can someone please help. I'm new to the whole firestick. That being said, I do have Kodi, and all that on here. I was told I had everything, and was set to auto update. I think I was lied to, but we can talk about that later. I wanted HGTV, so was told to get the add on for it, which I did. It has 13 episodes from 2013 & 2014. Tell me I'm missing something here right? I'm sorry as I'm sur you have went over this a million times with others, but can you help me? I want HGTV !

Also, is there a way for me to watch CNN? It is listed and pulls up in my Ivue guide, but when I go to click on it, I get a stalker error. Is there some way I can watch CNN? I'm new to this thread, so I'm sorry if this is out of context. I don't know how this works. I appreciate your time and help with these issues.

Another issue I'm having is trying to watch movies. They say they are there, then when I pull it up and click to watch, some tv show loads.

You were lied to. There is no legal way to watch live cable channels without a cable subscription.
Please see: Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons (wiki)
@learningit did you change your settings? All of your add-ons now doesnt have the option to enable subtitles. I'm puzzled.
I'm using Kodi 16 on Shield ATV with chromix skin if that makes a difference?
Thanks.
(2016-03-27, 20:00)gambitz Wrote: @learningit did you change your settings? All of your add-ons now doesnt have the option to enable subtitles. I'm puzzled.
I'm using Kodi 16 on Shield ATV with chromix skin if that makes a difference?
Thanks.

Subtitles in all my 3.0.x addons are managed by the Kodi global subtitles setting, which is the correct way to handle so that you can turn the subtitles on and off at any point during the video.
I have all subtitles settings enabled. But nothing is working with your TV addons.

Edit: tested PBS kids. Subtitles turned on automatically.
I tested other addons
HGTV Canada : no subs. I recall our discussion that HGTV Canada uses different formatting - is that correct?
I'm having some trouble with other USA TV shows, I have to verify my proxy.
(2016-03-27, 20:24)gambitz Wrote: I have all subtitles settings enabled. But nothing is working with your TV addons.

Not sure what to tell you, subtitles seem to work with the add-ons. Not all channels/shows have subtitles. In HGTV Canada, Caribbean Life, Season 4, all the videos I just tried on Windows and Android have subtitles.
While a video is playing, you might want to bring up the player display and look at either subtitles or sound settings (varies with the skin and I've never used the one you're using) and check that subtitles are indeed enabled for you.
I confirm that subtitles works. However not all HGTV Canada will show subtitles on the add-on even tho it shows on the computer browser. I think we discussed this before.

So ignore my comments. Thank you learningit for your awesome addons.
Website has changed. Addon needs a rewrite and will no longer work outside of Canada.
I will fix this next time I'm in Canada (which is fairly often).
@learningit I'm in Canada (and a developer familar with github) and can help test and debug, here's a log:
http://pastebin.com/ngiERz3s

The menus work fine, just video playback is broken. I'm also seeing the same types of problems with Food Network Canada.
(2016-04-22, 04:21)theveener Wrote: @learningit I'm in Canada (and a developer familar with github) and can help test and debug, here's a log:
http://pastebin.com/ngiERz3s

The menus work fine, just video playback is broken. I'm also seeing the same types of problems with Food Network Canada.

Thanks for the offer. Quite a number of my addons have been affected by some changes in the shared content platform used by many websites.
Geo restrictions have been tightened for Canada/US and some of the auth mechanisms are a bit more complex.
I don't see any showstoppers, just takes time to understand, rewrite and test the 15 or so add-ons that are (or will be) affected.
Hi, Is there something wrong with the playing of videos within HGTV Canada? All shows are listed as well as individual programs with titles but none of them will play. Sometimes it says check your log (which I don't know how to do/don't know where it is). Is this just a "me" problem? Or is everyone having this problem. BTW, I am totally loving this addon and hope I can get it running properly soon. Thanks so much for any help!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HGTV Canada Video Addon - Canada Only0