• 6(current)
Release HGTV Canada Video Addon - Canada Only
Working fine on KODI 17 and 18 on android for me.
(2017-10-26, 16:05)rocko Wrote: Working fine on KODI 17 and 18 on android for me.
 Works for most streams but not newly added streams(at least on Linux and Windows). Is there any ETA on when a new version will be available that will fix this?
(2017-08-24, 18:23)learningit Wrote:
Code:
Ok. That's pretty ugly. I won't have time to code a fix for that for a week or two.
I think I know how to fix it, but i need some time to code around that problem.
Is this addon still being updated?  It's been months since I've seen an update.  Unless it's somewhere outside of the standard Kodi addons?
(2018-01-15, 04:03)zxarr Wrote: Is this addon still being updated?  It's been months since I've seen an update.  Unless it's somewhere outside of the standard Kodi addons?
My wife would LOVE if this addon got updated. The Canadian version of the HGTV addon has a way better selection and organization, likely as the website hosts more content. Except nearly none of the content works, just generates an error.
Hopefully someone takes over development!
I would like to echo the need for an update. This channel is the main reason I have Kodi. 

I don't know all of the links that are broken but I know that Vintage Flip gives a list of episodes but all of them have an error if played.
Not sure if I can fix this easily. The newer streams are using a different format for their manifests and it looks a bit difficult to do currently in Kodi without creating a proxy server to insert the cdn host.
That's probably more work than I'm up for at the moment. I believe this same issue will impact other Canadian add-ons I have authored.
Hi there,

Thanks for this Add-On, definitely something that made my Kodi experience way more enjoyable.

Today the Add-On was working just fine, playing videos. Then, after Kodi restart, something has happened - it lost track of what has been played before, and stopped playing anything altogether (even episodes it played an hour prior).

I've looked at the logs and here are the relevant lines. Really hope something can be done (or maybe it's a temporary issue?):

Code:

17:32:02.447 T:139806959109888   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.hgtv.canada/default.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                ma.processAddonEvent()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.t1mlib/lib/t1mlib.py", line 236, in processAddonEvent
                                                elif mode=='GV':  self.getVideo(p('url'))
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.t1mlib/lib/t1mlib.py", line 164, in getVideo
                                                self.getAddonVideo(url)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.hgtv.canada/resources/lib/scraper.py", line 119, in getAddonVideo
                                                url = re.compile('video src="(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).search(html).group(1)
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:32:02.638 T:139808761673856   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.hgtv.canada/?mode=GV&url=http%3A%2F%2Flink.theplatform.com%2Fs%2FdtjsEC%2F5b7AQpn8ZUPz%3Fmanifest%3Dm3u%26feed%3DHGTV%2520Main%2520Feed%26mbr%3Dtrue]
Can't tell anything. You need to enable debug logging and post the ENTIRE log to pastebin.com. Partial logs are useless.
Sounds like I'm having similar problems - multiple HGTV Canada episodes generating errors.  Enabled debug and uploaded log to pastebin: https://pastebin.com/hwjGjFwQ

Thanks for your work on this.
This is by my favorite addon. Really do hope it gets an update. I am running kodi 17.6 on a rasbery pi running libreelec and it was working grate untill a few months ago.
Hi @learningit 

Hopefully you'll have time to look into this issue. Here is the pastebin URL for my kodi.log: https://pastebin.com/jUHYcV8j

Sorry, I thought that another person posting their log is enough, but it's better to provide you with more information.

Thank you!
As luck would have it, I am spending a week skiing outside of and eating in Montreal. I should be able to fix these Canadian add-ons soon, assuming i recover from some serious eating and drinking sessions at Joe Beef.
(2018-02-22, 07:46)learningit Wrote: As luck would have it, I am spending a week skiing outside of and eating in Montreal. I should be able to fix these Canadian add-ons soon, assuming i recover from some serious eating and drinking sessions at Joe Beef.
That sounds pretty dangerous - I see you like living on the edge! Be careful - those stakes can seriously damage your wallet! Wink
Is this working for anybody?
(2018-02-22, 07:46)learningit Wrote: As luck would have it, I am spending a week skiing outside of and eating in Montreal. I should be able to fix these Canadian add-ons soon, assuming i recover from some serious eating and drinking sessions at Joe Beef.
[b]learningit[/b] Hi where you able to see if a fix is possible? thanks for your help
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HGTV Canada Video Addon - Canada Only0