• 7(current)
Release HGTV Canada Video Addon - Canada Only
(2018-03-14, 18:16)mutagen Wrote:
(2018-02-22, 07:46)learningit Wrote: As luck would have it, I am spending a week skiing outside of and eating in Montreal. I should be able to fix these Canadian add-ons soon, assuming i recover from some serious eating and drinking sessions at Joe Beef.
[b]learningit[/b] Hi where you able to see if a fix is possible? thanks for your help  
 I guess he didn't recover
Well, since there were no updates to the plugin, there is no fix. I do hope @learningit finds time to take a look at the issue and tell us if a fix is possible.
Not sure if this is workable at the moment. The manifest that's used isn't currently supported, took me a while to figure that out.
(2018-03-27, 02:04)learningit Wrote: Not sure if this is workable at the moment. The manifest that's used isn't currently supported, took me a while to figure that out.
 Thanks, @learningit for getting back and looking into the issue. I'm not sure I fully understand the statement though - "not workable" meaning it's unlikely this can be fixed?
This is a puzzler.  I'm in Canada with a IP address for Canada but the programs listed in the HGTV Canada Add-On will not open! Also tried with other country IP address to no avail. The other HGTV (USA) works for the majority of their listings.

Is there some options/settings that are needed?  Anybody have the same problem?

Thank for your time and efforts.
Perhaps the add-on is currently under construction: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=232755
threads merged
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
debugging latest 3.0.2 version, i find that the getAddonVideo() can be more direct now, and works  if you comment out all except two lines:
python:
  def getAddonVideo(self,url):
    liz = xbmcgui.ListItem(path = url)
    xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(int(sys.argv[1]), True, liz)
Thank you so much @hgtv!!!

Just downloaded the zip file for the latest version and modified the getAddonVideo function as per your post above.

Works great now!
(2018-08-12, 06:59)hgtv Wrote: debugging latest 3.0.2 version, i find that the getAddonVideo() can be more direct now, and works  if you comment out all except two lines:
  def getAddonVideo(self,url):
      liz = xbmcgui.ListItem(path = url)
     xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(int(sys.argv[1]), True, liz)
Where do I find the file to modify and what is it's file name. I checked the xml file for HGTV and it doesn't seem to be that one.Thanks
actually, now reading back to 2017-08-20, post #59 by a @exab may to have discovered the exact same thing.... not sure why kodi did not play what their url returned back then.  But it seems today kodi can play that url. 
The file I edited was ./plugin.video.hgtv.canada/resources/lib/scraper.py , but hopefully the original author can confirm this is the ideal solution and redo a new release...
Works for Win 7 and Linux Mint 19. Thanks
Now if only HGTV would update the shows
im in Canada and it says im not. ive even stuck on vpn to Canada and it still says im not and it wont play. im starting to doubt where I live!
@ciar67 , have you modified scraper.py as described in post #100?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2759136
Working fine here now with the edits.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HGTV Canada Video Addon - Canada Only0