Release Food Network Canada - Canada Only
Recently I've been able to get this add-on working again.

The following steps assume that you have the Food Network Canada 3.0.4 video add-on already installed on your Kodi computer.

NOTE: This post has been edited to remove content that is no longer valid.
Can a few please check on this addon and see if it still works.  I was replacing the scraper above and now it doesn't work.  I had the scraper in before and it worked so I'm not sure if this just stopped working recently or if it is ok and I have the issue.

On the old scraper I was getting menus but videos wouldn't play, on the patch above (which used to work) I'm getting the check the log error.
Thanks @barney63  for re-trying this add-on.  It appears that when I added the note to use the pop-up COPY button then the code section lost all of the indentation.  Line indentation is critical for Python code.

I have re-edited the above post to re-add the indentation.  Note that this code includes URL encoded space characters (%20) so it is very important to use the pop-up COPY button to copy the code to the clipboard.
(2019-10-28, 20:42)kodaksmith Wrote: Thanks @barney63  for re-trying this add-on.  It appears that when I added the note to use the pop-up COPY button then the code section lost all of the indentation.  Line indentation is critical for Python code.

I have re-edited the above post to re-add the indentation.  Note that this code includes URL encoded space characters (%20) so it is very important to use the pop-up COPY button to copy the code to the clipboard.
I was all ready to heap praise and blessings on you when I tried it and it didn't work.  I then realized I copied your changed patch without refreshing the screen.  Praise and blessings are back on you, it works!  Sometimes it doesn't take much to have something not work, very unforgiving this coding stuff.  Thanks again!
Can somebody please have a look at the Food Network Canada addon (Kodi Repo) and see if it is working for them.  Upon clicking I just get the ellipsis and no menu.  Thanks
@barney63 it appears that Full Episodes are no longer available on the Food Network Canada website, only short videos remain.

How to Patch Add-on for KODI 18.x LEIA ONLY:

The following steps assume that you have the Food Network Canada video add-on version 3.0.4 for Kodi 18 Leia already installed on your Kodi computer.

1. Create replacement file for the following:

For example: open file link above, open a text editor, copy the file link contents, paste into text editor, save the file with above listed filename, and exit the text editor.

2. Determine the location of the Kodi addons folder where plugin.video.foodnetwork.canada is installed on your Kodi computer.

For example:

• /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.foodnetwork.canada/ for LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi.
    • ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.foodnetwork.canada/ for Kodi on Ubuntu where ~ is your home directory.

Note that the location of the addons folder should be similar to the userdata folder.

3. Copy the new files over top of the existing kodi files.

For example on a Raspberry Pi with LibreELEC 9.2.7 installed I used the following commands:

scp -p scraper.py [email protected]:/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.foodnetwork.canada/resources/lib/

Note that you would need to substitute the IP address for your Raspberry Pi (see System -> System Info).
So I guess it's toast for me then, oh well it was good while it lasted.  Thanks for checking, much appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Food Network Canada - Canada Only2