Make Kodi start after mySQL at boot
Hi!
I'm running mySQL server at the same computer as I use to run Kodi in my living room. The problem is that sometimes Kodi starts before mySQL, and the video library don't how up. To prevent this I've added 5 second delay in the /usr/share/xsessions/kodi.deskop file. The problem is that this desktop file gets updated every time I update to a newer version of Kodi.

Is it possible to always make Kodi start after mySQL server is up and running, without having to edit the kodi.desktop every time I update? I'm currently running Lubuntu on a Chromebox, and boot straight into Kodi on startup.
Maybe not the best solution but there is a software called Startup Delayer (or similar). Google and try it!
I'm currently adding a startup delay in the desktop file. I've read that this might be done with wakeonlan. Does anybody have any experience with this?
I'm using kodi wakeonlan feature to wake my server hosting mysql, with this setting: pingport = 3306 / pingmode = 1 (3306 being my mysql port) thus making kodi waiting for the mysql db being fully up and running.
You could try using this feature with your kodi machine ip (never tried but I don't see why it shouldn't work).

Have a look here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make Kodi start after mySQL at boot0