Solved Neither TMDB nor TVDB respects selected language
Hello everyone!!! =)

I'm having a problem I've never ran into before, as I always like to have my content in English. Today I installed Kodi in my parent's Ubuntu Desktop and, as they don't speak English, I tried setting both the movie and the tv scrapper (TMDB and TVDB) to spanish (es). However, neither of the add ons seem to download titles, summaries, etc. in spanish. The filename are in English, but I tried renaming the containing folder to it's spanish counterpart and selecting the "name is in folder" option in the source properties. It failed to download spanish metadata.

Is someone else having this issue? Any advice on how to debug?

P.S: Of course the content is in spanish. I'm testing using The Wolf of Wall Street (https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/106646-...anguage=es)
Yes, posting a debug log would be a good start.

...and better not calling this a bug, but support instead, given that you don't see zillions of other users whining about the same issue.
Sorry about the bug tag. I was looking into tagging as SUPPORT as well, but if you try to post a thread, you'll see there's not such option. At least not visible for me. I looked at the list several times, and they come down to kodi versions, OS and plugin releases, betas, etc.

The thing is, I don't know where to fetch log info for scrappers. Could you point me into that?

Thanks for your reply =)
This will seem pretty stupid from me (and it certainly is), but I didn't know that plugin settings affected future added shows only (which seems pretty reasonable). I spended several hours googling, but didn't notice that until spending some time playing with the GUI. Perhaps it could be better documented in scrapers wiki (I think I can't edit that I think).

I also learned I could define per-show scraper options. Not in TV Shows menu, but in Videos-Files menu.

However, I wasn't able to get DEBUG entries in kodi.log, although logging is enabled in settings.

Marking as solved, and I apologize for the inconveniences.
No problem. As long as you now known how it works Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I've the same problem since I updated to OSMC latest version. All TV-Shows are scraped in english.
If i change the Settings to "de" it the same. All Infos are in english. If I check the settings.xml for the tvdb Plugin then it shows me the right selected language.

In tvdb.xml I now edited "$INFO[language]" to "de" so now it uses the right language.

So I think the problem is the value of $INFO[language].

Any other Ideas?
I'm having the same issue. TVDB scraper is set to German (de) but returns English results.

Here's a log:

http://pastebin.com/tFnnX0Ut

When I try to manually scrape I get a list of shows containing the name (sherlock in this case). But they are all in English (en).

Edit: Okay, I'm an idiot. Reading helps. However I would have never guessed that there are another settings for the scraper at the level of defining the contents of a source. What do the settings in the scraper (in addons section of Kodi) actually do?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neither TMDB nor TVDB respects selected language0