3D playback - Blank screen
hi guys... have poured through this thread but can't find anything on this.. sorry if I have missed something.

I have a issue playing back 3D content in this skin.. same content works fine in other skins.

All the 3D stuff is set to disabled, and I would normally just use my TV control to change from SBS or OU etc.

In this skin when I play I just get a BLANK screen.... I cant see anything, I can stop the movie and just return to home screen.

Any thoughts, greatly appreciated!
I'm sorry but I simply have no ability to play 3D videos. If you can record a video of what happens I might be able to help, but I make no promises. I will try.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Hi, no worries.. The files them self aren't 3D in the bluray sense. They are Split screen, either over under or side by side. Then I use the TV to handle the 3D stuff. All kodi needs to do is play it back, nothing else fancy.

I think the issue is the naming flags. I use the Kodi naming convention of filename.3d.tab.mkv as a example. This puts the nice pretty 3D flag in Kodi. IF I take off the .tab the file plays... Put back the .tab I get a blank screen.

You can recreate it with any media file. Rename it to the above format which I got from the Kodi wiki, rescan your library and you should just get the blank screen when you play it back.
Hi MacGyver

Whats the easiest way to get a video to youHuh Am going to sit with my iPhone and record something, as I have no other means!

From what I can see... selecting a file should bring up a screen which allows you to select playback type.. this doesn't appear on the screen... so the screen stays black. Pressing play or skipping forward a chapter fixes it. Essentially bypassing the menu process.
It's probably missing the dialog you're mentioning. I'll have a look at this when I can, provided MacGyver doesn't get to it first.
Awesome, I tried to look... But bow to your superior knowledge, as it was all just gibberish to me!!

Love what you do so appreciate anytime you spend on it!
I managed to get to the bottom of this for any future reference...

If you Enable Video/Album Art overlay in the General settings... that seems to break it. No idea why.... though am curious if any one can explain Big Grin
All fixed. (only because of you figuring out the connection between the setting and it not working BTW) Smile

Here you go.

If you want to try applying the fix directly here is the single fixed file Includes_MediaOverlay.xml.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Worked a treat!!!!

Ta very much!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D playback - Blank screen0