• 32(current)
Beta Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread
Ok, understand.

I don't follow the skinning forum too closely. Have you asked advice from other skinners for the hidden buttons?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
A question for you, I am loving the skin and how it really shows the artwork, but one thing I seem to be missing is landscape seasons. When you have yours in say Strip view and fanart showing and your cycling through the seasons, your fanart is changing, but mine is not. How are you getting that to happen? I have run artwork dump, and used tmdb tv as my scraper
(2022-11-05, 16:30)Logs22 Wrote: A question for you, I am loving the skin and how it really shows the artwork, but one thing I seem to be missing is landscape seasons. When you have yours in say Strip view and fanart showing and your cycling through the seasons, your fanart is changing, but mine is not. How are you getting that to happen? I have run artwork dump, and used tmdb tv as my scraper

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Are you talking fanart or landscape artwork? If it's landscape it'll be because I haven't actually included it as I don't use it. But I can include it, I just need to understand how people use it.
I'm honestly not 100% sure what it specifically is, I just saw in the overview video (time stamp is 6:50) As you scrolled through Raised through wolves the artwork changed, I just couldn't get mine to replicate that and was curious how you got that to happen. I can get it to work with posters, just not the fanart view
Ahhh I see. That's the multiart slideshow.

Kodi supports miltiart in this format:

xxx-fanart.jpg
xxx-fanart1.jpg
xxx-fanart2.jpg

poster.jpg
poster1.jpg
poster2.jpg

Add some images in that format to the relevant folder then refresh the info for that item and it should pick them up. Then enable multiart slideshow in skinsettings.

Copacetic supports up to 15 images for each of fanart/posters/keyart/square art and thumbs
(2022-11-05, 02:55)Karellen Wrote: Ok, understand.

I don't follow the skinning forum too closely. Have you asked advice from other skinners for the hidden buttons?
I think skin timers could get there eventually but right now the 500ms refresh interval is too big for things that need to happen on scroll. I'ved asked before, but I don't think there's a better way to trigger things onnext/onprevious without a hidden button. The ideal would be an <onnext></onnext> like <onfocus> and <onup> etc but I imagine that would be a big job
(2022-11-05, 22:19)realcopacetic Wrote: The ideal would be an <onnext></onnext> like <onfocus> and <onup> etc but I imagine that would be a big job
Make a request in the skinning forum.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-11-05, 22:51)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-11-05, 22:19)realcopacetic Wrote: The ideal would be an <onnext></onnext> like <onfocus> and <onup> etc but I imagine that would be a big job
Make a request in the skinning forum.
Will do. Thanks for the suggestion.
I love this skin! Thank you!

Will you add views like Billboard to Picture Gallery, Video Files folder, and Add-Ons like Advanced Emulator Launcher? Currently using Advanced Emulator Launcher to launch Windows Games. I'm able to add art but nothing shows up beside the game title.

Also curious if you'll be adding more features to the skin in future? If so, what?
(2022-12-03, 16:58)HuggyOnline Wrote: Also curious if you'll be adding more features to the skin in future? If so, what?

Thanks, glad you are enjoying it.

Regarding your questions:

Pictures: the reason I limited to list view is that the other views don't work well with mixed.aspect ratios. The alternative would be to crop images quite extensively in the thumbnail to make the AR the same or maybe have a layer behind the image so the shape of the thumbnail is still clear. Let me think about it, but I think it wouldn't look great with the full screen views. Perhaps the square views of showcase, strip and grid. What do you think?

On addons, list and grid should be working so I'll investigate why images aren't showing up. Hadn't really thought of games, guess for that use case having other views in addons would be nice. What artwork is generally used for games? Square, poster, fanart?
Regarding new features, the only the only thing I'm actively working on is an optional like/dislike ratings overlay for music user ratings where you could set the threshold for what's a thumbs up and a thumbs down on the current 10 point scale, then in the list view I will add an indicator for like /disliked and I will probably include a preconfigured homescreen widget for liked tracks, although I don't think it will be possible to sort it by date it was rated unfortunately so I'll probably do it by last played.

After that I'm just learning python so I can replace embuary helper with my own addon for the few things I need it for so I'm not running all the stuff I don't need in the background and so it's up to date with nexus. That may take a while as I'm not a coder by trade.

And then apart from bug fixing I'll probably call it a day, unless there are use requests I can consider.

But I'm not currently sure if anyone really uses the other features tbh (multiart, trailer autoplay, musicplayer, embedded lists) so I don't want to do anything else large that I won't use unless there is actual demand, especially as the ore stuff I add, the slower things get when you have everything enabled.

Maybe after an that I'll look at PVR but I don't use this so not sure.
Thanks for explaining.  If you're able to add the additional views to pictures and video files, that'll be great but not essential. Again, LOVE this skin!

I have another question. Whenever I override fanart slideshow my main menu turns to a black background no matter what image source I select. A workaround is to select the same multi-image for each menu item. But even there I can only have multi-image or single image have any effect. (SkinPlaylist) options also render a black banckground.

https://ibb.co/GxdtsHj
https://ibb.co/k9v9PHt

Thanks again for your time and effort.
(2022-12-06, 11:31)HuggyOnline Wrote: Thanks for explaining.  If you're able to add the additional views to pictures and video files, that'll be great but not essential. Again, LOVE this skin!

I have another question. Whenever I override fanart slideshow my main menu turns to a black background no matter what image source I select. A workaround is to select the same multi-image for each menu item. But even there I can only have multi-image or single image have any effect. (SkinPlaylist) options also render a black banckground.

https://ibb.co/GxdtsHj
https://ibb.co/k9v9PHt

Thanks again for your time and effort.

ok will have a think on the views to see if I can get them to play nice in those scenarios.

Re. the fanart override, I've pushed a new version of the skin, which you can update via the repo or download directy from the skin.copacetic github. This should resolve the issue with the black screen. Let me know if not, thanks

Repo: https://realcopacetic.github.io
Direct download: https://github.com/realcopacetic/skin.copacetic/archive/refs/heads/master.zip
Hi, unfortunately still getting the black screen.
i also just get a black screen when trying to watch TV Sad
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread8