• 4(current)
Beta Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread
Totally agree. But those do have to be intact for repo inclusion. Song info was specifically one of the things that I had to skin for repo inclusion. Also many dialogs could really be combined into one generic settings dialog. Takes away time from the more exciting parts of skinning
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@QuizKid

Any plans for live tv/PVR support? I hope so Smile The screens look very nice!

//TjaLfE
@jurialmonkey
Then I'm gonna go make my own repo. With blackjack, and hookers. Wink
Quote:Yet the multipath buttons for instance aren't necessary. You can just as well add multiple sources. Or organize your files in a smarter way, or if you absolutely depend on having arbitrary paths bundled as a single source, you could probably still edit the sources.xml file manually.

That's just one of many examples. DialogSongInfo is almost useless, save for the rating function. You can also combine DialogSeekbar and VideoFullScreen etc. There's a lot of options to clean things up.

If the official repo doesn't allow this, then so be it. Imo, it'd be stupid to create a poor user interface just to get on there.

Couldn't agree more, hence my pushing for an 'experimental' skin repo to give us "rebels" a chance :-)
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2015-08-04, 10:51)TjaLfE Wrote: @QuizKid

Any plans for live tv/PVR support? I hope so Smile The screens look very nice!

//TjaLfE

That's a good question, I don't have it enabled on my setup, is it something a lot of people use?
I believe that it is getting more and more popular to use kodi as a total media center solution.
And now that windows media center has been ditched from windows 10, I guess a lot of these users would start looking for alternatives to view live tv in their media center.

I hope you will consider live TV, and would gladly help testing it, and send screenshots of the current skin I'm using with live TV
Hi Quizkid / Hitcher,

Are your using system.ideltime to control the delayed displaying of info or is there something better to use to control it?

I've used ideltime in a couple of mods and they work ok, some things don't seem to work great i.e. it seems animations don't work everytime only on first open / display etc. But that could be down to me not doing things correctly. So just wondering what solution you have or plan to have for the ares in the video where the delayed info is displayed?

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Yes, system idle time plus lots of !Window.IsVisible's.
Thanks Hitcher,

I haven't used !Window.IsVisible's, would you have an example for me on how you are using this in connection to system idle?

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
I use it so the info only shows when you're looking at the media and nothing else.

Code:
<include name="MediaInfoAnimation">
    <visible>System.IdleTime(2) + !ControlGroup(3000).HasFocus + !Window.IsVisible(yesnodialog) + !Window.IsVisible(progressdialog) + !Window.IsVisible(virtualkeyboard) + !Window.IsVisible(contextmenu) + !Window.IsVisible(numericinput) + !Window.IsVisible(shutdownmenu) + !Window.IsVisible(playercontrols) + !Window.IsVisible(songinformation) + !Window.IsVisible(busydialog) + !Window.IsVisible(addoninformation) + !Window.IsVisible(textviewer) + !Window.IsVisible(selectdialog) + !Window.IsVisible(musicinformation) + !Window.IsVisible(okdialog) + !Window.IsVisible(movieinformation)</visible>
    <animation type="Visible" reversible="true">
        <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="300" tween="cubic" easing="out"/>
    </animation>
</include>
Just a quick look at the progress so far.

I'm blown away by your work Hitcher!.
The quality in your work is outstanding, and with QuizKid nice work on this skin, it can only become a real winner!.

I really really really hope that live tv support will be a part of this skin, as i believe more and more are starting to use Kodi for live tv, now that WMC is not in Windows 10.
The live TV i Kodi has been improved a lot, and with the right skin, it is actually approval by wifes(at least my wife, and shes not at all into computers)

Can i somehow start work on a danish translation of this skin? or has this work already started?
Just to be clear - I am not looking for alpha, beta, release date, etc....

Is this still being worked on? I was enjoying Hitcher's 'current state of' videos.

If so, any plans for horizontal home screen option? For some reason the vertical menus always look weird to me.
Yes we're still working on this but not quite as much as real life would allow right now. Wink
(2015-09-08, 20:24)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Just to be clear - I am not looking for alpha, beta, release date, etc....

Is this still being worked on? I was enjoying Hitcher's 'current state of' videos.

If so, any plans for horizontal home screen option? For some reason the vertical menus always look weird to me.

Hiya, yeah we're still working on this - glad you're interested. No idea on timelines, we're just chipping away in our free time and because I can't really code to an adequate standard, Hitcher's got the majority of the workload unfortunately for him!

Regarding the homescreen, I would say not at this time certainly. It's come on a bit since those mockups (still vertical though!) and it took a surprising amount of effort to get it to work as it does now and we're both pretty pleased with how it came out I think.

It works with the skin shortcuts script though, so you can easily customise the list contents, just not its orientation...
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread8